Fantasy As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter
Helena finished her wine and said goodbye to the old woman. On her way back to Maria, still waiting in the Ferrari, she instructed the waiter that the old woman's tab was to be sent to the castle for the remainder of her life. She got in and motioned for Maria to drive them home as she sat back in the seat. The places they'd been: church, the taverna, now here talking to the old woman in the marketplace; all had the same common thread of places to talk to people about other people. Getting to know their real feelings and opinions. Were they plotting a coup? Quietly fostering revolt?

No, not for a simple little wedding prank like hers. They were planning to put egg on her face somehow, not ruin her; and this involved going around and talking to old women about love and relationships?

"Ugh, this better not turn out be some 'love is the REAL magic' horse shit," she said out loud to no one. Well, this little party idea was the perfect opportunity to force their hand. Oh yes, the party. She took out her phone and hit the button for her publicist. She was put through on the first ring.

"It is 2 PM on Tuesday. In 78 hours, I am throwing a ball to commemorate or fundraise or support or condemn...something; I don't know, you find me a thing. Invite the right people, don't invite the other right people, call the right press; just make it happen." She put the phone away and closed her eyes. "We're throwing a ball Friday night, Maria. When we get back, tell everyone what to do."

"Si, Contessa. We shall be ready. But such short notice? Will people come?"

Helena turned to her maid. "Contessa Helena de San Finzione is throwing a ball. They will come."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 30-03-2019, 07:02 PM