Fantasy A Remembrance amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter
A Remembrance amongst Equals Pt. 03

"I was born to love you
with every single beat of my heart.
Yes, I was born to take care of you
every single day of my life."
-Queen, "I Was Born to Love You"

(This chapter takes place the afternoon and evening leading up to "A Conversation Amongst Equals.")

A few hours later, Troy and Julie sat on Propappou's bed, going through almost a century's worth of clothing and tossing it into one of four boxes marked "keep," "donate," "trash," and "Helen." Troy picked up a bright red smoking jacket and debated between keep and Helen before tossing it into the keep box. He thought he heard a thump as it hit the inside of the box, but was distracted by the sad look on Julie's face.

"You ok, Mistress," he asked with concern. She fought back a tear and sniffed before replying.

"Yeah, Master. I'm more concerned about whether you're ok. I just remembered that you, me, and him had to do this for your parents and this is the second time for you."

"Fourth, remember? I helped Helen when she had to do this with her mom's stuff, then we both helped with her dad's."

"Oh yeah. Guess I forgot cause hers went so quickly. 'Throw it all in the trash, right next to his fucking corpse.'" Julie thought for another second. "Shit, we're getting good at this."

"Damn," Troy said with a yawn as a pair of hound's-tooth pants went into donate. "I hope not. I don't want this to be my fallback if the doctorate doesn't work out." Julie saw him yawn and did it herself.

"Dammit, Troilus, why've you gotta go making me tired?"

"I got up at midnight to get you from the airport. Guess your parents' coffee is wearing off." Julie blinked a bit, then tossed a fedora into the keep box.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep on the plane either. Someone..." She smiled and stretched before continuing. "A flight attendant caught my eye; had to Do What We Do to the entire first class section to make them ignore us. What about you? Seen anyone since you got back?"

Troy blinked, looked over at the fedora, and decided to trust Julie's judgment.

"Been caught up in all this. One of the realtors was really hot, though. She looked kinda like Helen but older; got her number. Hey, speaking of real estate and stuff, you're moving to Seattle too, right? Wanna get a place?"

"Sure," Julie replied instantly. "Figure it'd be a good place for an artist to get a start. I've also been thinking of maybe a graphic design business." Troy yawned again.

"Cool. I could probably help get that set up. After that nap, though, definitely." Troy stood up and took off his shirt. He spotted a copy of The Anabasis in the original Ancient Greek and tossed it into the Helen box. Julie removed her top as well and walked over to her suitcase.

"Sounds good. I'm going to want that shower before anything else, though."

Troy dropped his pants and picked up his clothes, heading upstairs to the parents' old bedroom that was now his. He stopped and picked up Julie's suitcase and she followed him upstairs, unhooking her bra as they walked.

"Well, you know where it is," he said as he left the case in front of the bathroom door. Julie removed her bra and started to enter the bathroom, then stopped and turned to Troy's back as he grabbed the doorknob for the bedroom.

"Hey, just thinking: back at the airport, what was that kiss about?" Troy turned with half-closed eyes, barely registering his best friend's naked breasts as he thought.

"Hmm? Oh, I dunno. Caught up in the moment, I guess. Just really happy to see you again, Sunflower."

Julie smiled and unconsciously stroked her hair at hearing the old special name he'd given her.

"Thanks. I'm happy to see you too, Math Boy. You go rest."

Troy smiled too as they both went into the separate rooms. It was just after noon and the June heat made him not feel like getting under the covers. He dropped his shirt and pants at the foot of the bed and crawled up to the pillow. As he lay flat on his back and closed his eyes, his last thought before falling asleep was "Did her nipples get hard just at the end there?"

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Remembrance amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 30-03-2019, 06:57 PM