Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
Claire walked onto their porch, unable to take her eyes off the scene across the street. Julie turned to greet her with a smile and gave her a welcoming kiss.

"Aren't those the guys who..." Claire started to ask her.

"Yeah." Julie told her, gently pulling her toward the inside of the house.

"But aren't they..."

"Uh-huh."

"So, shouldn't they..."

"That's right."

"But they're not..."

Julie lost patience. Not with Claire, but how the day was turning out.

"Yes, Claire, it's REALLY fucking suspicious, now get inside!"

Once they were back inside with the door closed and Ortega in the bathroom, Julie allowed her friend to speak sentences again.

"I thought those guys were Helen's Green Beret bodyguards or something."

"Green with black stripes." Julie said, leading her into the living room with the others. "And yeah. Ultimados are great at the 'unstoppable killing machine' part of their job, but they suck at undercover."

"I thought she was going to busy at the summit." Claire responded.

"Yeah, she was just on the news there. We're going to try to squeeze in going to dinner a couple times while she's in town, but it seems like she'd be too busy to hope for more time with her than that."

"So, what are they doing here?" Troy asked, joining the conversation. "Backup security after last month?"

"I'm not sure yet." Julie said as the toilet flushed. "So far, my interactions with them have been having my painting interrupted until I lost focus and telling them where the bathroom is."

The doorbell rang again and Julie Equals stomped toward it.

A tall woman with short, blonde hair and wearing a bikini was at the door.

"Don't bother faking an accent, Tenente Marisol Velasquez. I'd think Helen would have given you guys some kind of accent training besides old Baywatch episodes. And the whole world saw you shoot that fucker and kick that other fucker in the balls on TV. A new 'do is not fooling anyone. Door on the left; If Ortega's not done, there are two bathrooms in the master bedroom, go ahead and use the left one." As she walked past, Julie shouted after her. "And congratulations on the medal!"

Ortega emerged from the hall bathroom. Julie turned to him.

"Capitan, would you please just tell everyone else where the bathroom is and to come in? I'm about to just put up a sign and leave the door open, but I haven't had time for it since you guys showed up. And hey, aren't all of you commandos? Aren't you trained to hold it in for days?"

"We apologize for the intrusion, Señorita Equals. We are attempting to keep a low profile while La Contessa is in Seattle."

"I got that. It's not working." Julie said as the doorbell rang again. She

stomped toward it, raising her voice. "What possible need could there be for so many of you here, though?"

Susan came out of the living room and into the hall where all the conversation seemed to be happening."

"Guys," she said. "I don't think..."

Julie opened the door. The blonde woman who'd waved from the yard earlier was there, a black Prada Arcade purse over her shoulder, and an emerald pendant on a chain around her neck. She removed her sun hat, revealing that her hair under the hat had the same color combination as Julie's. She took off her sunglasses and smiled at Julie.

"Hey, Girl." Contessa Helena de San Finzione said to her oldest friend in the world. "Can I use your bathroom?"
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 29-03-2019, 05:53 PM