Fantasy A Remembrance amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter
A Remembrance amongst Equals Pt. 02

"Ooh, I've been wandering round.
But I still come back to you. (Still come back to you.)
In rain or shine, you've stood by me, girl.
I'm happy at home. (Happy at home.)
You're my best friend."
-Queen, "You're My Best Friend"

(This chapter takes place in the morning hours on the day of "A Conversation Amongst Equals.")

"TROY!" Julie shouted as she emerged out of the gantry from the plane and into the terminal of Ted Stevens International Airport. The bleariness of the redeye flight cleared from her head at the sight of him, and she ran into his arms for a power hug, nearly knocking him backwards. Troy Medina held her close, tilted his head back and gave her a brief smooch on the lips, then resumed the hug. Julie thought it unusual for a fraction of a second, and then stopped caring as she squeezed her lifelong best friend some more.

"I thought they didn't let people this far into the terminal anymore if you're not flying," she said after almost a minute of hugging.

"They don't," Troy replied, casually looking around. "But, you know, What We Do and all. Also, if anyone asks, you're my 10-year-old daughter. And it'd still be wise to get out of here and down to Baggage before anyone does ask."

They broke the hug and started walking toward the baggage claim.

"I wouldn't have expected you to be first off the plane," Troy told her.

"Advantage of being in the first seat in first class," she replied, looking off to her side as a flight attendant emerged from the doorway. The woman adjusted her skirt and waved to Julie, mouthing the words "call me." Julie winked and nodded before turning back to face Troy. "Seen any of the old crowd since you've been back, Master?"

Troy smiled. It had been a couple years since he'd heard her call him that except via email, phone, and Skype. He'd still missed it.

"Haven't had much time for socializing, dealing with the house stuff, Mistress. Some of the old crowd are still around, though." Julie nodded.

"I'm guessing most of the cool people followed your advice." It was Troy's turn to nod and put on a British accent.

"It is the sworn duty of every Alaskan child to escape. Failing that, it is their duty to confound, confuse, and harass the enemy at every turn."

"Well, anything new?"

"Oh, you know how it goes when you leave Anchorage for an extended period: Friends leave and come back, but apart from a couple new buildings, everything tends to be the same as you left it."

They talked a bit more about friends who were still in town and what they wanted to see and do while waiting for Julie's bags. Thanks to some further use of their ability, her bags had been the last loaded, and so were the first off the plane. As they walked out into the light blue of a 3AM sky in June in Alaska to the parking garage and Troy's car, they unconsciously reached out for each other's hand.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Remembrance amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 29-03-2019, 05:42 PM