Fantasy A Morning After Amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter
"I wish you two could talk about this." Troy sighed.

"Troilus, let me tell you about my day. I wake up, make some enemies, decide what I want with my morning croissants, make a couple more enemies, go get cleaned up and probably make an enemy or two while using my bathroom. After that, I go out to the balcony and have my morning coffee and croissants while reading up on the enemies that I made while I was asleep. From there, it's time to leave my bedroom and get started on a long day of SERIOUS enemy-making. I can take Julie disliking me."

"We've both always been here for you, Helen. You just needed to pick up the phone. I don't need to call the consulate. There's an open-ended ticket to San Finzione already waiting for me at SeaTac from all the times I saw you on the news in the middle of a crisis, saw in your eyes that you were in trouble, and usually got as far as the metal detector and wondering if I should call Julie and tell her about the one waiting for her in San Diego before thinking 'No, Helen would have called if she wanted our help. We have to let her handle this.'"

"And maybe you should have a few of those times, Troilus, but this is what I do now. Of all the possible reactions I could have to the news that you and Julie are together now, the only one that I even have the time to feel is happiness."

"That's the other thing." Troy whispered, even though he could still hear the shower going upstairs. "I don't know if we ARE together now or not? If Julie's going to think it was just a 'we got drunk and played some hypno games and one thing led to another' thing to laugh about later on, or if it's... the beginning of something."

Helen laughed again. Troy heard her lighting another cigarette.

"Which one is your heart going for, Troy?"

That question caused Troy to stop and think about their lives together. He sat on the toilet lid and took his phone away from his ear. He sat thinking until the screensaver on his phone made it black out. Pressing the button to bring the screen back up, and hoping he hadn't dropped Helen, Troy looked at the wallpaper on his phone for a second.

"The second one." He said at last. "Last night, I shared something beautiful with my best friend, and now I'm feeling something that I haven't felt..."

Helen cut him off before he could get to the "since we were together" part.

"In case you're really as dense as you've acted all these years, Troy, I've had you AND your best friend. I know that neither of you held anything back, and that it was definitely something beautiful. I won't ask you to put Julie on, because I'm sure she can't walk yet from how beautiful it was."

"I hope you don't think I held anything back with you, Helen."

She took a deep drag before responding.

"Not consciously, no. You're not the only one who can look into people's eyes and see stuff, though. I saw the part reserved for someone I could never be in both of yours; the part for the only other person I know whom I'd have a problem stealing something as precious as that from. I stopped allowing it to hurt by the time we met Vincenzo. And it still doesn't, Troy."

Troy listened to Helen's words, but was too caught up in the picture on his phone to reply. Helen broke the silence.

"You've figured out what you're going to say to her, haven't you?" She asked. Above him, the sounds of the upstairs bathroom's shower turned off.

"Yeah, I have." Troy responded, toweling his hair off one last time.

"Well, don't tell me. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll sound better unpracticed."

"Ok. I'd better get back upstairs before she gets out. I love you, Helen. And I know Julie won't admit it right now, but she loves you too."

"I love you. And Julie. But this Hallmark Moment is meant for her, not me, Troilus. Get up there."

Helen ended the call, a happy tear on her cheek.

Troy left the downstairs bathroom and tried to quickly, but quietly pad his way back up the stairs and to the bedroom. Maybe if he got back under the covers, Julie would know that he'd be fine with the two of them talking about it right now.

Troy walked through the door and saw Julie naked on the bed, a sheet covering the lower half of her body. The look on her face said that she had something to talk about now, too.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Morning After Amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 29-03-2019, 05:39 PM