Fantasy A Morning After Amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter
Troy Medina stepped out of the shower. Upstairs, he heard the shower in the bathroom above running, and figured that Julie decided to have one, too.

He sighed. They'd need to talk when they both got out. But what was to be said? Even through the alcohol and the trance, he knew he'd had the most amazing night of his life with Julie, and she seemed to feel the same. Would Julie want to get serious? Would she not want to? Would it be "a drunk mistake?" Should he ask her what she thinks before or after telling her what's on his mind? What happens next?

Troy was conflicted, but luckily, he knew a third person whom, historically, he'd been able to talk to about this sort of thing. He picked up his phone and said "Helen" into it. He thought about doing a video chat, feeling that she deserved to be looked in the eye for the conversation he needed to have with her. He began toweling off as the call connected to Europe, then to San Finzione.

"Troilus," Helen replied with a serious, puzzled tone. The sound of her helicopter's engines could be heard in the background. "What's going on? Do you need anyone killed? I just saved a family of five AND the disturbed man who put them in danger, so I figure I'm a few ahead with Almighty Athiesmo!"

That gave Troy a little smile. He knew that Helen believed in something, but whatever it was, she wasn't about to give it the satisfaction.

"Oxi, Petalouda Mikro." Troy replied in Greek. "I'm still pretty sure I'm never going to ask you to fulfill that promise. Everything OK?"

"Yeah, it was over pretty quick once I got there." Helena replied in the same language. "And you don't open with the Greek right from the start unless it's important, there's someone nearby who can't know what you're saying, or you're up for a 'we never technically agreed to this whole break-up thing' evening. Since we haven't had one of those since I left America, I presume it's the first thing."

Like the two of them, Helen possessed the same natural confidence that came with the ability. Her interest had been the many languages of the world. While she and Julie had traveled, when Helen wasn't partying, she was sitting in on university courses or visiting the local language schools and absorbing everything she could. Nobody but Helen knew how many languages she understood, and if one believed her, the number was "all of them."

"No, it's not like that." Troy tried to search for words. "It's something else."

"If you need to get out of the country, Troy," Helen asked with a delighted smile as she lit her cigarette. "I don't know if you're still in Seattle or up in Anchorage, but I can get you on a plane here within the hour."

"I'm in Anchorage." Troy said. "Julie got into town yesterday morning, she's here."

Helen was enjoying herself too much to stop now.

"Oh, and how's she doing? We never talk anymore, you know. Suppose you two've been tearing up the town, hanging out with all our old friends? Hey, have you run into..."

Troy cut her off. He didn't often do that. Helen knew exactly why he was calling, but it was fun to hear him squirm for a bit. Not for him, though, so she was about to let up on him.

"No, Helen. She's fine. We stayed in last night and... well, something happened."

"You two back together after how long?" She replied. "Something was bound to happen."

"We had sex, Helen." Troy said, switching back to English. "Despite what everyone's always said about us, for the first time."

Helen hit the mute button and laughed for a couple of moments before composing herself and coming back to the call.

"Are you there?" Troy asked after a bit.

"Yeah." She answered. "Yes, I am, Troy. And that's wonderful."

Now it was Troy's turn to be silent without the mute button for a moment before Helen spoke again.

"Did you think I was going to call in an air strike on the Andrews house, Troy? I mean, I totally could, but why would I? I love both of you; yes, even Julie, despite what she thinks. How could I NOT love the idea of you two together?"

"I don't know..." Troy thought. "I was worried, because of; well, you know, everything you've ever said and done ever?"

"You weren't paying attention to all of it, Troilus. Your mind was always on bigger things. It took me a while to get that, as well as a job where people live or die based upon my decisions, but I get it now. There was something special and beautiful right in front of both of your faces, and you were looking right through it."

She took a long drag before continuing.

"Part of why Vincenzo and I hit it off immediately, Troy, was because he also knew what it was like to have everything in the world except the person he loved."

"You've always had me, Helen."

"I know. But not all of you, Troy. You think so, and I know I have shares in your heart, but I've always been aware of who had controlling interest. And it sounds like last night, you figured it out, too. I'd earn Julie's special name for me if I had a problem with it."

There was another silence. Helen talked to Troy more often than she did to Julie. She'd always been bad at hiding things from Troy, and he'd been able to see through her efforts to play off her grief at her husband's loss to Julie as callousness. Julie was known for having an expressive face, and Helen had seen the look of sorrow and pity for her on it too many times throughout their lives to bear it anymore. Because of this, she allowed Julie to continue thinking that she'd deliberately fucked the Count to death to get his throne.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Morning After Amongst Equals by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 29-03-2019, 05:39 PM