Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat
"You're so petty and insecure, Parag!"

"I'm petty? You're the one who cares less about the fact that I could've been killed and more about how you're not the star tonight."

"Of course I care about what you went through! Of course I am thankful you survived! How can you even say that?" I said, almost shrieking. And then tears filled my eyes. I turned away from him, covered my face, and started crying.

"That's your ultimate trump card in an argument." Parag said, contempt dripping from his voice. "The waterworks!"

I felt a surge of rage through my entire being. I sat up, wiped my tears off, and said,

"All this is because I asked you to wait till tomorrow morning to have sex? Here..."

I took my shorts and panties off in one swoop.

"...here, fuck me. Go on!" I said, opening my legs and gyrating my hips.

Parag stared at me, half angry and half turned on.

"Not enough? Here, I'll get completely naked!" I took off my t-shirt and bra. And then fully naked, got on my hands and knees, and thrust my ass towards Parag. "Go on, that's all you care about, isn't it? Mounting me like some wild cheap whore? Go on, do it!"

Parag just sat there.

"What're you waiting for, stud? Take me!" I said in a mock seductive voice. When he didn't respond, I turned to face him. "Maybe you want this whore to give you a blowjob first!"

I reached for his crotch to take his dick out, but he slapped my hand away. I tried it again, and he pushed me away, making me fall on the bed. He then got up, picked up a pillow and walked to the bedroom door. He opened it, turned around, and said,

"Sometimes, Anar, you can be a real cold-hearted bitch."

He stepped out and slammed the door behind him. I sat there naked, breathing heavily in rage, staring at the closed door. After what seemed like an eternity, my rage was replaced by cold anger. I put my clothes back on, and opened the door. Parag was sleeping on the couch, He saw me, and turned on his side to face away from me.

I went back to my bed and laid down. I willed myself not to cry, and closed my eyes. My head was an almighty volcano of negative emotions ranging from guilt to contempt to rage to self-pity. It took half an hour for the Tylenol's effect to resume. And I fell finally fell asleep.

--------------------

I woke up at 8:30, feeling drowsy like I always did after taking Tylenol. I noticed the other side of the bed was empty. So Parag had spent the night on the couch. I walked out of the bedroom, and saw Parag sitting on the couch with a cup of chai in his hand, talking to my two annoying roommates again.

"Good morning." Parag said politely. The roommates followed suit.

"Good morning." I said, yawning.

"There's a cup for you in the kitchen." he said.

"Thanks."

I walked to the kitchen, got my cup of chai and walked back to the living room. I saw on an easychair and listened to the conversation. They were talking about academic stuff, like advisors, assignments, internship search, and so on. I joined in, and we talked about mundane stuff for about half an hour.

"I should shower and get going." Parag said, getting up. "My return flight is at noon."

"Noon? I thought it was at 7:30 in the evening!" I said, remembering what he'd told me the previous day.

"It was. I changed it to noon." Parag said, and stared at the floor. I stayed silent.

My roommates, as dense as they are, realized they were witness to the aftermath of a disagreement, and both politely made excuses and left us alone. Parag got up and went to the bedroom. I followed him in.

"Why did you change the flight?" I asked him.

He said nothing.

"I asked you something."

Silence.

"Parag, talk to me, goddamit!"

"What do you want me to say? You've treated me really horribly."

"So you're just throwing a tantrum and leaving? To make me feel guilty?"

Parag shook his head and said,

"It's all about you. Everything in the world has to revolve around you!"

I watched him in silence as he gathered his clothes for the shower.

"Parag, please, let's not fight. Just tell me what I have to do to change the flight back to evening. I am sorry if I was a bitch. I really am."

"I have been with you long enough to know which of your apologies are genuine. This one isn't." Parag said, and walked out of the bedroom.

This was classic Parag. He always found a way to guilt trip me and make me feel like shit. Once he got upset about something, he could hold on to the grudge for days, even weeks.

He returned fifteen minutes later, got dressed, and started packing his suitcase. In the meanwhile, I had gotten angrier at him, so my initial willingness to be the first to try and make up had subsided. I sat there, playing a battle of wills, and watched him pack. Once he got done, I started changing into jeans.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Changing." I replied.

"Why?"

"To drop you off at the airport!"

"Hmpf!" he said derisively. "I'd rather you didn't. I've already called a cab."

"Okay fine." I said, sick of his stubbornness. "Then I am changing and going out." I wore a sweatshirt to go with the jeans.

Parag picked up his suitcase, looked at me for a second.

"You know what.... I wish you'd change. But change more than just your clothes. I wish you'd change what you are."

I looked at him in stunned silence. Parag could say some really hurtful things when he got angry. But this really took the cake. Did he even realize the import of what he was saying? Tears rushed to my eyes. Parag seemed slightly taken aback. But he was too stubborn to take it back.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-03-2019, 03:09 PM