Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat
"What????"

"Oh come on! All through dinner, you were sitting there looking as if I had actually died! Or maybe wishing I had!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Parag!"

"Ever since we started dating, whenever we meet other people, you're the apple of everyone's eye. The smart, confident, funny, pretty Anar, the supreme conversationalist. I am always just the +1 in Anar+1, not the Parag in Anar+Parag. But I never let it bother me."

"You never let it bother you?" I scoffed. "You've always bitched about it!"

"The point is, now you're getting to experience how being the +1 feels. And you can't handle it, can you? You can't let me have my fifteen minutes of fame."

"Perfect phrase." I said snarkily.

"What?" he said, taken aback.

"Fifteen minutes of fame. Do you even understand what it exactly means? Do you even know who coined it?"

"Sure...." Parag said tentatively. "Winston Churchill."

"It was coined by Andy Warhol." I said. "And it implies that EVERYONE, whether they deserve it or not, will be famous for fifteen minutes. And once the fifteen minutes run out, no one gives a damn. Like Sanjaya from American Idol."

A look of anger flashed in Parag's eyes. He stared at me for a few seconds, and then said,

"Found a way to re-assert the belief you're better than me, didn't you?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, just reminding yourself that you're not only the smarter one and the better looking one in the relationship, but oh so worldly wise, citing obscure artists." he said. "Trying to put me in my place by showing how little I know in comparison. Anything to restore the status quo to Anar+1."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-03-2019, 03:09 PM