Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat
"If anything, it'll cheer me up. It always does."

I walked up to him and took a hit. Ah, good stuff. We both took a couple of hits each and were on our way out when Dustin's cellphone rang.

"It's Vicky." he said, and walking towards the bedroom, "This won't take more than a few minutes. Have a seat. I'll be right back."

He close the door of the bedroom behind him. I walked to the couch and sat down. It was a comfortable suede couch with a matching loveseat. I felt the weed taking its effect on me and I felt a lot more relaxed than before. I looked around the living room. On the far side wall was a painting, or rather the print of a painting. It looked like a Jackson Pollock. I think it was the Number 5. I got up and walked to the painting and stared at it. Wow, what a painting to explore when you're high. I began seeing so many different shapes and figures in there, even Jackson Pollock would've called me insane. I stared and stared at it, and then pulled myself away.

Another wall was covered with what seemed like an intricate collage of movie poster and blown up band album covers. I spotted bits from the posters of Scarface, a couple of James Bond movies, Sound of Music, Inception, Roman Holiday....and album covers from Coldplay, Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols...... I was able to count at least 20 movies and an equal number of albums.

I turned around and looked at the bedroom door. It was still closed. I wondered how long it had been since Dustin was on the phone. It seemed like I had been in the room for over half an hour, but I was high, so couldn't be sure. My eye fell on the Pollock again, and I was about to get drawn into it once more, so I looked away. And saw a couple of guitars in the corner. One was a bass guitar, another a regular electric guitar, and the third was a Spanish guitar.

I picked up the Spanish guitar, and walked to the couch. I had always wanted to take guitar lessons, but never gotten around to it. I held the guitar with both hands, trying to mimic the pose I had seen musicians take, and strummed at the strings. It made a sweet sound. I tried it a few more times and felt happy at myself.

"You're holding it wrong."

I looked up and saw Dustin walk out of the bedroom. He was smiling.

"You're just holding the guitar against your body. You need to rest it on your left knee."

"Like this?" I asked.

"Yup. Now that left hand. That grip should be more like a closed claw."

"Like this?"

"That look like a claw trying to break the strings. You have to gently touch them."

"Like this?"

"Wow, Anar, have you never held a guitar in your life?"

Dustin came and sat sideways next to me on the couch. He put his left arm around me and held my hand with his. He moved my fingers into the correct position on the guitar.

"Yes, that's the way. Now your right hand."

He took my right hand in his and positioned it over the strings. As he did it, his goatee tickled against my ear and I giggled.

"Okay, now keep those fingers of your left hand there. Yes, like that." he said pressing my fingers. "And with your right hand, yes, now strum the strings lightly."

And a beautiful note rang out.

"Hey! That was do!"

"And here" he said, moving my left fingers again, "is re", and then "fa", "so", "la" "ti"

I smiled at the ti and paused, Dustin's arms still around me. Then I heard a sniff, and instinctively turned back to see he had just smelled my hair. I looked into his eyes, and saw a gentle hunger. A tenderness combined with desire I had never seen in his eyes before.

He lowered his face slightly and kissed me on my cheek. Then a kiss on my neck, sending tiny shivers down my body. And then realizing that his actions weren't unwelcome, he brought his lips close to mine and kissed me. I felt the soft hair of his goatee rub against my chin, an unfamiliar sensation since I had only kissed clean-shaven guys so far. I kissed back, as tenderly as he was.

There was a soft thump as both our hands let go of the guitar and it fell to the floor. Without breaking the kiss, I turned my body so I was facing Dustin. He moved his left hand to the back of my head and pulled me closer. After a while, his tongue slowly probed my mouth, and I met it with my own tongue. His right arm went around my waist, and he pulled my body close to his. We were locked in a tight embrace, kissing each other passionately.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-03-2019, 03:06 PM