Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat
"Okay, we're here. Let's go inside and talk."

I got out of the car and then just stood there. Dustin looked confused.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to go in there, Dustin. Those bitches are in there."

"What bitches?"

"Those stupid annoying roommates of mine. I don't think I can deal with them right now, especially if I take you with me. I told you how bitchy they were the time you stayed over."

"Yeah. So where do you wanna go?"

"I don't know. Just....some place we can talk. I need to unload so much stuff. Clear my head. Figure things out."

"Well.... there's a quiet bar I know on Cedar where we could sit and talk."

"That sounds good. I really need a drink or ten right now."

We got back in the car and I checked my cellphone to see if Parag had called back. Nope, he hadn't. I thought of calling him again, but decided against it. Maybe his floozie would stop him from answering again.

"Hey Anar, would you mind if we stopped by my place real quick?" Dustin asked. "I'd prefer to change into something else."

"Oh shit, you're still in your coveralls. I have been so self-absorbed, I didn't notice it at all. Don't you usually change in school?"

"Yeah, but you were....you know.....it could wait. I could go back to school but my place is closer and is on the way to the bar."

"Sure, no problem. In fact I should wash my face as well."

Ten minutes later, Dustin pulled into the backyard of a small multi-apartment building. His apartment was on the 2nd floor. He opened the door and I found myself in his living room. Roomy and modestly but tastefully done. Not like Parag's apartment in North Carolina which was always a mess.

"The bathroom is that way. I'll get changed." Dustin said and went into his bedroom.

In the bathroom, I washed my face. I never wore too much make-up, but my tears had messed up whatever little I did. I blew my nose, washed my face again, and wiped it with a towel.

I walked out into the living room. Dustin had changed into jeans and a Decemberists t-shirt. He was standing by the window, lighting a joint. He took a drag and said,

"Just a couple for the road. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." I said. "In fact....I think I could use a hit or two myself."

"Are you sure, Anar? You are already emotionally disturbed. I don't know if weed..."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Distance is a Bitch by shiprat - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-03-2019, 03:06 PM