Adultery The Unwanted Houseguest by Indiansubmale - a tribute
(30-12-2020, 04:33 PM)sangram24 Wrote: Great Narration and in-depth phycological analysis as always. 

but with all due respect, i am disappointed with how this has ended. Seems u were in a hurry to wrap this up. well frankly cannot accuse u on that count as u have mentioned earlier that u had written the last chapter much earlier . But still looks like a lot of ends are left loose without any closure and defies logic on a few counts. Let me elaborate a few points 

1. This dialogue Kavita has with her own consciousness, she could have done this much earlier in Bangalore itself. what great purpose was solved FOR HER in coming to haridwar and subsequently to the asylum. all those sessions with Jaya has no meaning as far as SHE IS concerned. she had a secret, she wanted to keep it secret and wanted the secret to go with her to the grave.  Right from the time she visited haridwar her only motive was she wanted to meet Manu ONCE , confess her sins, ask for forgiveness and then go away. she had said that innumerable times. she was not looking for or was expecting a reunion with him or resumption of marital life. But when the opportunity came, she choose to walk away ? why because her consciousness reminded her of her lust, she knew this earlier too, she could have / would have confessed this to herself earlier. 

2. From her point of view from chapter 33 ( when she visited Haridwar)  till the end, it was meaningless. yes we got to get a peek into her motives but what did she gain or achieve ? if she wanted to leave Manu for his betterment ( which she does in the end) she could have done it much earlier. 

3. Also this new angle - dialogue with her consciousness -   of Kavita's LUST for Prem in the first week of his visit and her preparations prior to it . Maybe i am wrong but lust sometimes is body specific and most of the times is person specific. like i lust after someone, my lust for someone. Lust in simple terms is having stong sexual desire for SOMEONE specific. it is also having expectations that one will derive sexual pleasure from that specific someone. But the few sexual encounters Kavita had with Prem pre marriage were not all pleasurable for her. she was in pain.( also as confirmed by Jaya in her analysis of female anatomy) .  why will someone knowingly lust for something thats not pleasurable but painful ? And if Lust is what had engulfed Kavita, why didn't she seek other partners in the 4 years of her marriage ? seems illogical .

4...  And where is Manu ? this story is as much Manu's as it is of Kavita. Ideally speaking there should have been a face to face of Manu and Kavita. I am not saying there should have been a reunion and happy ending. There should have been a discussion wherein both of them could have taken a decision after all facts and confesions were on the table. they could have chosen to forgive and forget and start afresh, or going separate wishing each other, or Manu could have said i cant live with her after knowing about her motives and actions or Kavita could have said even thou she still loves him but she doesnt deserve him and its better she goes away from him ,etc , etc..... But there should have been a discussion for a CLOSURE for both of them. 

5. Also look at it from the point of the actors in the story. coz for us the story might have ended but not for them. Its their lives. JAYA - she is in close touch with the asylum she is awaiting a return visit of kavita maybe with her husband. will she not follow up ? will she not find out where she went ?  ( specially for Kavita who has tried to end her life earlier also) will she not disclose all her confessions of her actual motives and actions to Manu ? MANU - If Jaya does disclose everything to Manu and knowing what we all of him and his character and his obsessive love for Kavita , what is he going to do ? is he not going to desperately and franatically search for her ? Manu still doesnt know what happened since he left his flat in Banaglore that fateful morning. once he knows will he be able to live happily ever after ?  ( as has been written earlier in chapter 27.2 wherein Manu is happily married with 2 kids) Then the PARENTS - As Guruji's said they know everything and have already accepted her. I am presuming they know about her treatment / counselling with Jaya. Jaya is in touch with them, will they not try to find out what happened / where's their daughter and DIL ? since they know everything will they not disclose it to Manu at some point sooner than later ? and then there's Gowri also . I mean one cannot just disappear like this from the face of earth when u have so many eyes looking for u.  some many people waiting for u to come back and really love u and care for u. 

Life is not only about one own self and one's own sense of guilt. Its also about the other people around u , ur loved ones. Two nuggets which Guruji said 
1. Apart from u and ur husband, 4 more lives are waiting for ur return. u have no right to punish them further
2. You have done mistakes but life does not and should not end with a few mistakes. 

Manasi, i have been very attached to this sequel as i have mentioned earlier also. and hence i have written what i felt. Maybe u left the loose ends loose intentionally . who know's maybe we will have a sequel to this sequel. like now days we have season 2.

Yes you're very right onto it Man.
[+] 1 user Likes Vks1's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
33.1 - by manasi - 23-11-2020, 07:01 AM
33.2 - by manasi - 25-11-2020, 06:22 AM
33.3 revised 26-11-2020 - by manasi - 27-11-2020, 11:13 AM
33.4 final - by manasi - 29-11-2020, 06:26 AM
after chap 33 - by manasi - 29-11-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: after chap 33 - by kamdev99008 - 29-11-2020, 10:28 AM
34.1 - by manasi - 08-12-2020, 09:32 PM
34.2 - by manasi - 09-12-2020, 09:36 PM
34.3 - by manasi - 10-12-2020, 10:03 PM
34.4 - by manasi - 11-12-2020, 08:30 PM
34.5 - by manasi - 12-12-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: 34.5 - by kamdev99008 - 13-12-2020, 01:42 AM
34.6 - by manasi - 14-12-2020, 09:46 AM
34.7 - by manasi - 15-12-2020, 07:21 PM
34.8 - by manasi - 17-12-2020, 09:50 AM
34.9 - by manasi - 18-12-2020, 06:48 AM
35.1 - by manasi - 26-12-2020, 06:57 PM
35.2 - by manasi - 30-12-2020, 09:09 AM
RE: The Unwanted Houseguest by Indiansubmale - a tribute - by Vks1 - 30-12-2020, 10:21 PM