Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"So, level with me. How long have Vince and Dani been a thing?" Oz had learned of Vince's relationship with Dani when they had the altercation at her house. Before that, he knew Vince had a major crush and that Dani stayed with him and Nick for a while, but the revelation that they had a child together made that all take on a new twist.

"That's a complicated question." Nick skirted the issue as best he could. He had hoped to avoid the conversation, but now that the barn went silent there was nothing to do but wait.

"Bullshit it is, tell me Nick. You know I don't like it when agents fraternize, although it's happening more than I'd like of late. So, tell me how long they've been a thing."

"You remember that case you sent us on a few years ago where we met her?" Nick gave up. The thought of being trapped in a car with a pissed off boss for hours was just too much for him.

"The witch/demon thing?"

"Yep. Well, he's been interested since then. As far as when they started actually doing anything that I don't know. It was after Stan died and she was staying with us that I first caught them together, though. Although, I knew Vince took her virginity for a case before that."

"Man, I had no idea. I mean she was a lesbian."

"That seems to have been the major issue between them. I suppose it wasn't enough to keep them apart, though. You have to admit, they're practically twins in a lot of ways."

"I know. I guess I just never figured she would fall for a man let alone Vince. Plus, well I never figured Vince would stop chasing skirts."

"Me either, but he never picked up anyone since...damn I think since he met her. I guess that makes a lot of sense now, I mean he told me he fell in love with her."

"Still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, Dani? Of all the girls, Dani?"

"Yea, I know. He fell hard, and every time she left, he would just mope for days. The last time, though, I figured we would never see her again. Especially, after she quit the Dark Division."

"Well, I suppose her telling me she had no choice makes sense now. This is a goddamn mess though."

"It's something. I wonder what they're talking about right now. I figure they'll either argue all night...or well, you know."

"For the sake of my sanity, I'm not going to think about that. You probably shouldn't either."

"I just wonder how this is all going to shake out in the end."

"Hard to say, but it better end up with an alive little girl."

"Amen to that." Nick smiled.

"Hey, have you ever thought about where you want to be in say ten years?" Oz suddenly changed topics and Nick couldn't help but feel jarred by it.

"I guess I figured still doing this, hopefully with Vince. Why do you ask Oz?" He shook it off as just a conversation piece.

"I've been thinking that you would be a good supervisor one day, maybe take my spot once I've had enough."

"Oz if you haven't quit yet, you're never leaving this shit." Nick laughed a little.

"Everything changes with time Nick, trust me. And sometimes the day you never think will come is just around the corner. Anyways, just thought I'd have you start thinking about the future. And, for the rest of the story, I'll have to be drunk one day to fill you in, or retiring myself.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:49 PM