Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Why have they waited so long though?"

"All they keep saying is that they need to have perfect timing. All I can tell is there is an alignment of mercury and mars tomorrow and a full moon. I'm trying to see when it happened last, but my guess would be not since the last mummy case. I'm trying to get the texts of the numbers he was messaging with, but it's taking a bit."

"What's the hold up?" Oz pressed him.

"It just takes time, sorry. I'm tracking as fast as I can, but it's not always that easy." Nick responded.

"Well, if Dillon's involved, then maybe I'll head over to his place and see what else he knows." Vince's head had cleared to some extent, but he never dealt well with children in danger and this one was his.

"I should go too. I know the guy and he knows Lily. His daughter is in class with her, so he might open up to me." Dani chimed in.

"Okay, the two of you go and we'll keep tracking things down." Oz took charge instantly and Dani and Vince slipped right back into their old roles heading out to the GTO.

They didn't speak on the way over. There was a thickness in the car as they drove. When they finally reached the bar, it was Dani who broke the silence.

"Do me a favor and let me go in first. I might be able to get more from this idiot." She smiled at him faintly.

"Sounds good. Just call me from your phone first and put it in your pocket. That way, I can hear what's going on."

"Thanks Vince." She reached out dialing his number and slid the phone into her pocket. Vince answered it and sat it on the console between them.

"So, you do still have my number." He couldn't resist letting the comment slip out as he watched her hand go to the door handle.

"Of course I do. Just couldn't dial it Vince, even if I wanted to." Dani smiled at him and finished leaving the car before closing the door.

Vince watched her walk up to the bar door and took in how nicely her hips still shifted as she moved. Dani had always been beautiful and had stayed that way in his dreams, but the real Dani was so much better than anything he could imagine.

He heard her walk inside both sets of doors and then waited listening to the silence on the other end of the phone.

"Vince?" Dani's voice came through the phone suddenly.

"Yea what's up?"

"Why don't you pull the car around the corner into the alley and come inside. Looks like Dillon is going to be a dead end." She sighed heavily and hung up the phone.

Vince pulled the car out of the parking lot and around the corner. He smiled as he did so, knowing that even though Dani had left the Agency her instincts were still the same. They needed to not be seen long enough to investigate the scene and wait for anyone else to arrive.

He jogged back towards the bar and made his way inside. There was Dani sitting at the bar with her head in her hands.

"So, what did you find?"

"A very dead Dillon in the walk in. And, if I'm not mistaken a good section of flesh has been removed from his arm."

Vince followed where Dani pointed to find Dillon on the floor and one of his arms had a three inch strip of flesh sliced away. He sighed and picked up his phone dialing Oz.

"Hey Oz, looks like Dillon was a loose end, who is now tied up."

"Shit. Well, Nick has found a location where a few cell phones tied to Dillon's are currently located. We're heading over to check it out. And, I brought the listening device, so hopefully I can listen in a little bit. You guys stay put in case they come back for whatever reason."

"Just so you know they took some skin from Dillon too. Not sure if that's important, but if it is."

"Nick, is there anything in your stuff that says they need skin?"

"Not yet, but I can keep working on the tablet while we head over to the barn." Vince heard Nick's voice in the background and the frustration in his tone and not having every answer immediately for Oz.

"Listen, we'll head there and call you when we know more." Oz hung up before Vince could even respond.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:48 PM