Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Hey, get in the car Vince." Oz pulled up to the sidewalk where Vince was seated on a bench two blocks from Dani's house. Oz was on his way to the security officer station when he spotted him.

"What?" The red haired man jolted from his thoughts and looked up to see Oz's car parked on the street and the old man motioning to him.

"I said get in the car. Nick's working with Dani and since you already have a suit on you can join me for the security officer station." Vince trailed his way to the car and hopped in.

They were silent on the way to the station, and Vince just followed Oz's lead once there. The man was clearly in his own world. After one too many pointless conversations, Oz got a call from Nick and stepped out for a moment as Vince listened to the security officer chief drone on about their latest efforts to combat loitering in the town center. After hanging up with Nick, Oz ducked his head back into the impressive glass office that hid the true pointless nature of the man inside's position.

"Vince, Nick has a lead. I'm heading back to Dani's and you need to come along." The look on Oz's face was enough to get Vince back on track. Suddenly, he realized he had been sitting there barely listening to the security officer chief in front of him, just caught in his thoughts of what he had missed with his daughter's life. He was trying to work out if he was upset with Dani or respected her for what she had done. After all, would he have done anything different in the same circumstances? He couldn't say that he wouldn have. But, it was still a lot for him to take in.

Once they were in the car, Oz said nothing, and just drove back to Dani's house. When they reached the driveway, he pulled in and a heavy sigh left his lips. Vince reached for the door handle to get out and Oz reached over placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Listen Vince, I don't know what the hell happened between you and Dani, but what I do know is we have a little girl being held by some real monsters. So whatever demons are left between you and Dani have to wait. I need you to suck it up and be in this one hundred percent. Dani isn't just special to you; she's like a daughter to me. I trained her and I'll be damned if I'm going to see her in pain for any longer than she has to be. So, either you walk back in there with me and work this case right or you get in the GTO and leave. I can drop Nick off when we're done if I need to. So, tell me which one it's gonna be Vince." Oz had a look on his face that Vince had never seen before, and he realized then that he wasn't the only one Dani had walked away from.

"You've got me Oz. Let's go save my little girl." Vince gave him a quick nod and got out of the car.

The two men walked up to the house and knocked. Dani answered this time and avoided eye contact with Vince as she ushered them inside.

"What did you find out from the cops?" She addressed her question to Oz as if Vince wasn't even there.

"Jack squat. Let me tell you the cops here leave a lot to be desired." Oz shook his head as Dani made her way back to Nick who sat typing away

"Yeah, well there's very little crime here. Kind of why I picked the place. Regardless, Nick has been going through the text messages from Dillon and it sounds like he was in touch with some people that weren't happy with my work."

"Current work or..." Vince looked at her, putting on his serious face and hoping she would understand he was in this to help.

"It sounds like it was about the old mummy case. They have apparently been planning to track down everyone involved. I guess this guy Dillon was more than willing to follow Dani around for a few hundred bucks. How do you know this guy Dani?" Nick looked up and saw the familiar work look on Vince's face. It was good that his partner was at least able to be professional right now. He was barely holding it together in the shock, so he wasn't sure if Vince would be able to either.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:48 PM