Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"I have to um...I'll be right back." Dani shattered the silence. She shifted pulling herself up and walked past him towards his bathroom. When she came back, she said nothing and Vince just sat watching as she pulled her clothes together from the floor putting them back on slowly.

He waited for her, waited to see what she might say next. Once she was dressed, Dani walked back to him still on the bed, naked and waiting. She leaned down and kissed him softly before she turned and walked out of his door closing it behind her.

He didn't follow, instead just sat and took in what had just happened. Deep down he knew exactly what it was. He knew that Dani wanted to make love to him before she left. Her words before had solidified that she wasn't ready to take the plunge that he was, wasn't ready to admit her feelings and stop worrying about what any of it meant. Their connection just then was some type of goodbye, whether it was forever or just temporary. It was a goodbye.

The next morning, Nick and Vince didn't have to worry about saying a formal goodbye. Dani had already left. Her room was empty, her car gone, and only a small note lay on the kitchen table.

"I sort of hate sappy goodbyes; so I left early. I hope you guys don't mind. Thank you both so much for everything. I'll talk with you soon. Until then, try to stay out each other's hair. -Dani"

That was it. A note that ended the time they spent as a family. From there, it was just the two of them, dealing with her exit in their own ways. Fortunately for Nick, Vince never got bad. He just got quiet. Nick tried not to mention her, and after a while the memory of Dani in the bunker faded.

The real blow came three months later when Oz told them that Dani quit the Agency. None of them had expected that, and it was only compounded when they found out her phone wasn't working anymore so they couldn't ask her what happened. Vince spent a lot of nights awake with thoughts of where she might be and who she might be with, but none of it made the thought that she just cut him off any easier. He would have tried to have her found through the Agency, but he knew that was pointless. Dani knew all the tricks; after all, so there was no way she was going to be found if she didn't want to be.

Even Oz hadn't taken it well when she left. He made her promise to check in once in a while, but ultimately he knew he couldn't force her. He put on a brave front, but Dani was dear to him just as much as she was to the other two agents.

By the end of the first year without hearing anything, Nick and Vince had given up. Nick figured Dani had found someone and was taking a stab at a normal existence. He would never say that to Vince, but he hoped it. Vince, on the other hand, went between terrible thoughts of her lying dead somewhere or captured. He simply couldn't stomach the thought of her leaving him with no contact information. It was too painful.

Overall, the Agency returned to normal, and before they knew it Nick and Vince barely spoke of Dani and instead had new agents to meet and supervise. After their assignment at the bunker was over, it was simpler. They were in the field going from case to case and barely had a moment to wonder about the spunky brunette. Even Vince started to have days where he barely thought of her. Life was nearly back to normal until one particularly warm fall day when they got a call from Oz.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:46 PM