Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
When they finished, they returned to the kitchen and the three of them sat enjoying the rather decadent cake they had found earlier. Afterwards, they watched TV for a short time more and then Nick took his leave as promised. It left Dani and Vince alone, and both sat in silence for a few moments, not sure what to do next.

"I hate to say it, but I think I should get to bed. I have to hit the road right after breakfast tomorrow." Dani was the first to speak and Vince felt his heart sink. He didn't know what he wanted to say, but he knew it involved begging for every last moment he could have with her before she was gone.

"So early?"

"Yea. Don't look so sad. We'll see each other tomorrow and like I told Nick I'm not dying or leaving the Agency so we'll see each other again. I'll just have to start sending you pictures of the shitty motels they put me up in from now on." She walked over and put a hand under Vince's chin leaning his head back and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. His eyes closed at the contact and he exhaled the breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Okay, maybe I'll turn in to. That way I'll be fresh to help make sure Stan is all set before you leave." He stood up and stopped just looking at her before Dani broke the moment and headed down the hallway to her room.

Vince trailed behind her and watched as she walked in for her last night of rest. His heart was like a lead weight in his chest as he moved into his own room, closing the door behind him. From there, Vince sat down on his bed before clicking his phone into the nearby speaker. He pushed play on the music and just sat. He was paralyzed with uncertainty about what he was supposed to do in this moment. The thought of going to Dani's room seemed like the right thing, but also seemed like something a friend wouldn't do. How could he go and ruin her last night? Why should he wake her up just to rehash the same things he had said before? The doubts ran through his head as fast as the thoughts of what he should do.

It seemed like an eon went by as he sat there, head in his hands just listening to the music next to him and going over all his roaming thoughts. In the next instant, he was roused from his thoughts with a knock on the door, and a familiar face.

"Hey Vince, I thought I would see if you were still up. I guess I figured maybe you would still want to chat for a few minutes before bed."

"Yea? I do, but I don't know what to say anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, hell. Dani...I...I don't want you to leave yet." The words failed him as he stood up walking over to her.

"But Vince, Oz needs to send someone on this assignment. I have to go even if it's a few days early."

"I know and I know you're ready. But, I still don't want you to leave... ever."

"Now come on Vince, don't start this again. You know I can't go there."

"I don't mean that I don't want you to leave the bunker. Dani, I don't want you to leave me."

"I...I...I thought I made it clear I had to. I mean...I'm not sure what else to say to you Vince."

"Then say you'll stay with me. I'll just talk to Oz and we'll figure something out. But, Dani I don't want to lose you. I...fuck...I love you." The words came out and he couldn't take them back. He wasn't even sure he wanted to. All Vince knew was he didn't want this woman to walk out.

"Shit. Why would you say that? You can't say that Vince. You can't love me because I...can't be with you. I'm still a lesbian Vince, I always have been and I can't change that."

"I don't care what you want to call yourself. Hell you can call me a woman if you want. All I care about is that you stay with me."

"Call myself? Vince you don't understand. I love you too, but I'm not sure what that means for me...for my identity. So, I just need to go now and figure it all out on my own."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:45 PM