Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Is this because you want to accidentally walk in on us screwing around one more time?" Nick dropped his arms and rolled his eyes at her question. Leave it to Dani to answer him with some smart remark.

"On that note, let's go eat."

"Fine and I'll make sure we're extra loud later so you can mistake it for trouble."

"Shut up Dani."

"What? There's no shame in wanting to see your partner's O face. I'm sure he'll even let you when I'm gone."

"Eww...would you quit? I swear to God Dani."

"Now kids." Vince chimed in as the two of them entered the kitchen together. He was sure as hell going to miss this when Dani was gone. It was going to be hard to go back to just him and Nick and no one else.

"That food smells incredible, and I for one am starving." Dani broke from her banter with Nick to head over to the table where Vince had plated everything and had it ready to go.

"Then, let's eat. I'll grab some beers, what do you say?" Vince smiled broadly. The least he could do was put on a brave face at this point.

"Sounds great." Dani returned his smile, but held his eyes for a lingering moment. It was enough to communicate the thoughts they were both sharing. And, when it ended, they all put aside what was happening the next day if only for an hour or so.

The three agents sat joking and eating like it was almost any other meal. Even a few comments about how Dani would be sleeping on crappy mattresses from here on went by without anyone feeling bad. Vince almost wished the world would collapse on them and he could be here at the table for the rest of his life. He could see Dani smiling as Nick and she traded jabs for eternity compared with the inevitable alternative.

"Hey so I hope you like cake because Vince and I searched high and low for the perfect one today. And, we may have gotten you a few gifts for the road. Which do you want to start with?" Nick's comment roused Vince and Dani lit up. There was something about the prospect of surprises or gifts that always made her light up like a little kid. He pondered for a moment if he should have asked her about it. In all the time she was there, he had gotten to know her, but those little quirks he loved were still a mystery.

"Presents first, you know I can't wait on surprises." At her words, Vince got up and produced two brown paper bags. She reached out and seized on one instantly.

"That's from me. We figured wrapping them would be pointless so I hope you don't mind." Nick grinned as she pulled the bag across the table. She jumped up peering inside and started to pull items out.

"Aww...a man after my own heart." Dani pulled a large Jack Daniel's bottle out of the bag and cuddled it. "And, what is this?" She pulled up the next package, which was a white pearlescent flask. The chrome accents only made the white pop more in the light of the kitchen. Nick had found it while they were out and he couldn't resist buying it for her.

"I thought it would match the car nicely. Of course, I assume you'll never be using it while you're driving." Nick beamed at the reaction he saw cross her face.

"It's awesome. You know I had a flask, but then I made it my holy oil container. This, though, well...it's perfect Nick." She jumped into his arms and Nick gave her an extra tight squeeze before releasing her.

"And, this one is from me." Vince pushed the second paper bag across the table and Dani lit up once more before seizing on it to look inside.

"What is this?" She pulled out a package and started to read it. "Some kind of car mount?"

"Yea, it's an adapter so you can hook your phone into the Superbee and play Zeppelin. That way you can download all their albums and have some road music. The speakers can handle it, but no way you're getting satellite radio in the old beauty."

"Oh my God Vince, this is awesome. Can you help me put it in tonight?"

"Sure. It'll only take a few minutes. But, that's not the whole gift you know."

"Huh?" Dani smiled at him before diving back into the bag and producing a rolled up sleeping bag. It was black and red and had a flannel lining.

"I figured without the two of us you'd be cold most nights. Plus, if you're ever stuck somewhere you'll have a warm bed. It's the warmest one they had." Dani looked up at him and then moved around the table quickly to give him a hug. Vince held her in his arms and tried to memorize the feeling. He wanted to never forget what it was to hold Dani. Her smell enveloped him and he let it imbed in his senses. This was Dani, his Dani.

"These were all incredible guys. Now, how about that cake?" She clapped her hands like a little girl for a moment and they both laughed before Nick got up and headed over to it.

"I tell you what, while he cuts that let's go hook up this mount and make sure it works." Vince got her attention and she took his hand leading him down the hall to the garage.

The next ten minutes he spent with her were some of the best he remembered having in the bunker. They were curled up next to each other on Stan's front seat as he explained how the wiring worked and what she would need to do if she ever changed phones. For any other woman it might have been boring, but not for her. Dani was always completely caught up in any discussions about cars. She would sit and listen with a smile on her face every time Vince went into detail like this, and it made his day.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:45 PM