Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Shit...I'm...I'm sorry Vince. I just, I...I should go." Dani pulled herself up on her hands. Vince didn't release his grip on her ass; instead he merely let his heel slide back down the bed.

"Don't leave. Stay with me tonight."

"No. I can't. I just saw you sleeping so peacefully and I...I couldn't stop from kissing you. After hearing I'm leaving, I guess I just wanted to know what it was like." When she broke the gaze with him, he finally released his hands and she pulled up to sitting on her haunches. He couldn't help but notice the wet spot on her hip and in her own crotch.

"Dani, if you're willing to kiss me, then why not stay?" Vince asked needing to hear her answer.

"Because of this. I'm afraid if I stay, I'm gonna end up doing this."

"Well, you know it's much better with clothes off. You could stay tonight and we could try that. After all, my offer is back on since you kissed me."

"I can't. I just...I'm...I've always been... this...this isn't me...fuck I don't know what I'm doing. I have to go." Dani stood up and headed out going straight to her room and slamming the door.

Vince was left there, laying back on his bed and trying to figure out what to do. He didn't understand how she was so reluctant to admit her feelings for him. He knew she was there too, but she was stuck. He eventually groaned and made himself get up to clean up and get ready for bed. This was something he was going to have to talk to Nick about, but tonight he just wanted to sleep and numb his brain.

The next morning, Dani was already up and training in their gym when Vince made his way out to the kitchen for coffee. He nodded briefly at Nick as he poured himself a cup.

"So, did I walk in on what I think I did?" Nick put a scoop of cereal into his mouth as Vince started to pour his own bowl.

"Yea, she kissed me last night Nick. Dani kissed me and it was everything I thought it would be and then some. But, it doesn't matter. She's still leaving."

"Do you think she felt the same thing?"

"I don't know why?"

"Because she's been in the gym for over an hour beating the shit out of anything she can. It seems to me she's trying to figure things out. It made me think that whatever happened affected her more than she thought it would."

"And what does that have to do with anything? Oz is sending a mission over in three days and that's it. Dani is gone. And she and I will go back to talking like friends when we have the time."

"He actually sent it over this morning. It looks like Dani's heading out tomorrow. I saw it in the briefings. We don't usually get them on Sundays, but today there was that and a note that someone was bringing a necklace with regenerative powers in Tuesday morning." Nick continued eating as he spoke and Vince had to catch himself as he put the milk carton down onto the counter suddenly.

"Tomorrow?"

"That's what it looks like. I guess something came up in North Dakota that needs some attention."

"Fuck. Well, I guess you and I should go out and get some good food for tonight."

"Do you want me to take care of that, maybe give you guys some time to talk alone?"

"I think if Dani wants to talk to me, she'll find time. So, what the hell, let's get the girl some good liquor and maybe a nice blanket for the road. And a chocolate cake, definitely a chocolate cake to send her off."

"Sounds good to me." He got up putting his bowl into the sink and an arm on Vince's shoulder. "For the record, I think it's been a damn short two months too. I'm gonna miss her."

With those words, Vince was left to sort himself out alone. He made it through the next hour on autopilot. The haze was so strong that as he put his shoes on to head out with Nick he had to stop and question if he had even showered. It all seemed so surreal. Dani was leaving, and this time tomorrow he wouldn't be seeing her face again. There wouldn't be any Zeppelin playing in the bunker unless he did it. And the garage was about to be one car shy.

At least once they were out shopping; he had something to keep his mind off of the reality that she was leaving. He made Nick take him to three different bakeries in town before he found just the perfect cake. It was chocolate everything with a raspberry filing and had raspberries and Oreos decorating the top. Vince smiled at himself as he loaded it into the back. Another two stops found them with a few gifts all set for Dani's going away presents.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:44 PM