Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Good, so then Vince and Nick tell me what you think of Dani's progress on training and firearms."

"Our time on the range has been great Oz. Dani hasn't lost a step when it comes to weapons." Nick volunteered the update and waited.

"Vince, what do you think? How's training coming?"

"If you're asking if Dani's ready to get back to it, then the answer is a definite yes. She's as good as she ever was." He smiled at Dani, but there was a clear sadness in his voice.

"Alright, well you've reached that time; tell me Dani what do you want to do next? Your spot's still open and I can reassign you there. You'll be alone for a few months until I can confirm a partner, but Paul might be able to help if you need a second on anything. The other option is you go to headquarters for a year and we'll reevaluate afterwards. What's your poison Dani?" Oz laid it out and Vince looked to her. His secret desire was that she would ask for a third option, staying with him, but he knew it wasn't really in the cards.

"I want to go back to my old spot Oz. I need to get back on the wagon. And, I'm hoping I have a say in the new partner coming in." Dani looked between the guys with an even grin and Vince felt his heart still.

"Alright, well, why don't you enjoy a few more days and I'll send you an assignment for you to go to we'll say Wednesday."

"You got it Oz. I'll be packed and ready to head out then."

"Okay, enjoy the ride in the new car and the beds there. You know the field isn't as nice." Oz chuckled and hung up the phone.

"Thanks guys. I really appreciated that."

"Anything you need Dani, always." Vince said the words and headed to the garage. He was going to make sure the car was perfect before they took it out the next day.

"You're ready, don't worry Dani. But, we're going to miss the hell out of you here."

Nick and Dani spent the next few hours working on some translations before Vince joined them for dinner. All three ate in relative silence and the silence only seemed to grow heavier. They all three sat afterwards, watching some pointless TV. Vince went to his room after an hour, unable to sit any longer in the room after earlier. His fate was sealed now. It would just be waiting for bad news or no news about Dani from here and it was going to hurt like hell.

"Heading to bed?" Nick asked him as he stood.

"I'm going to listen to some tunes for a few minutes and maybe just join you guys for a drink in a little bit. Although, we are hitting a brewery tomorrow, right?"

"You know it. I have planned a nice two hour ride, a few beers and a burger, and then a few more hours in Stan. A perfect Saturday lies ahead." Dani smiled softly and Vince nodded before heading down the hallway.

Dani watched TV for another hour with Nick before she decided it was time to head to bed herself.

"Are you heading to my room?" Nick chimed in as she got up.

"You know, I think I'm actually going to crash in my own bed tonight. I figure I have to get used to it again. Although, I'll miss how warm you get when you sleep." She tousled his hair a little and made her way towards the hallway.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:43 PM