Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Had a fight thing earlier?"

"Yea, how did you know?"

"Dani dinner was like eating in an icebox."

"Well, I was crashing with him and I just. I'm trying to sleep alone and all, but with everything..."

"Are you asking if you can crash here tonight Dani?" Nick saw her reaching out for help and couldn't refuse her, not after their talk the other night.

"Would it be too weird?"

"Nah, come on. I just hope you aren't looking for more because..."

"Don't worry Nick. I'll just curl up on the side. I still see you as a brother you know."

"Okay, well let's crash."

The next morning, Vince gave him a weird look that he shrugged off. He might explain it all later, but really he figured Vince should sweat a little. That only lasted an hour of course. The moment Dani was on her way to the shower, Vince confronted him.

"So, what you and Dani are going to screw around right under my nose now?"

"You see, I knew that you were going to ask that. If you must know she didn't want to sleep alone and after you fought earlier she needed somewhere to crash. And, in case you're wondering, we didn't even touch. She just curled up next to me. So, relax."

"Sorry man, I didn't exactly sleep well after we fought." His fingers ran through his still tousled hair from barely sleeping the night before.

"What was it this time?"

"I finally just broke down and told her that I couldn't do this messing around anymore without kissing her. She didn't exactly take it well."

"Wait, this whole time you guys haven't kissed?"

"Nope, not once. She said it was too intimate, and then after Charity...I don't know. I thought things were shifting and I guess they aren't. So, instead of torturing myself anymore with waiting I just came out with it. And, she gave me the same thing. She doesn't want to lead me on."

"Damn. Well, not to complicate things, but I'm guessing that Oz is going to call in the next day or two. So, you should probably patch things up before you don't see her anymore."

"What do you mean?" Vince gave him a questioning stare.

"She's at the two month mark man. So, she's either going into the field soon or to the home office. It's time for Oz to make a decision."

"Man that was probably the shortest two months I've ever had. I'm not sure what to say to her Nick."

"Then, don't say anything. Let her make the decision and just be okay with it. But, I would apologize for the fight so she knows there are no hard feelings."

Fortunately, Oz wasn't quite as perceptive as Nick was. He didn't call the rest of the week and gave Vince the time to make up with Dani, at least enough to work together. She still slept in Nick's room, though, although she told him it wouldn't last. He was pretty sure that Dani knew that her time at the bunker was coming to a close.

By the time Oz did call, they were all dreading the moment. It was Friday afternoon, two days after the two month mark that Oz called and asked to talk to all three of them.

"We're all here, what's up Oz?" Nick had called them all together, thinking it might even be a mission.

"I wanted to talk to you all and get a bead on next steps. First, tell me how the Superbee is coming along."

"It's awesome Oz. I guess I haven't thanked you yet, but I really appreciate the help on that one. Anyways, I think it's ready to go. We planned on taking it on a road trip tomorrow to see." Dani smiled at Vince, a clear change from the past few days.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:43 PM