Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 10

Thankfully, the bar turned out to be a bust as far as hooking up. Vince didn't know if he could handle seeing Dani take another girl home after earlier. In another nice turn of events, the fun they had on the car seemed to have resolved whatever negative tension was between the two of them. It meant that all three were laughing and getting along again as they made their way back to the bunker.

It was also a nice change for Vince that Dani went back to curling up in his bed at night. He slept better knowing she was, and they simply didn't speak of their argument from before. Vince didn't forget it though, and unfortunately, he resigned himself to the fact that he couldn't stop Dani from going back to a field assignment even if he wanted. So, he did the only thing he could and made a bold move to support it.

It was one day at lunch, over a week after returning from the hotel job that his plan finally came to fruition. He got the call on his phone and headed out, ready to make it clear that he supported Dani no matter what. It took about an hour before he was able to finalize everything and then he was back and smiling like the cat that swallowed the canary as they finished their sandwiches from lunch.

"Alright, I give up. You have been staring at me so weird for the last hour. Are you going to tell me what's going on, or do I just assume you're being weird again?" Dan spoke up first and Vince couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Finish your lunch and then I have a surprise for you." He smiled at her and at his partner who he had kept in the dark for fear he wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut.

They finished, and he couldn't help but notice how much faster Dani shoveled her food in than normal. She was clearly excited, and to be honest he was just as excited for her. When she finally took the last bite and bolted to put the plate in the sink; he was on pins and needles to see how she would react to his surprise.

"Ok, show me damnit. I hate waiting on surprises." She grinned and Nick smiled, clearly intrigued himself.

"Fine, but you have to come with me to the garage."

"Is this something I should hang back for?" Nick raised an eyebrow curious what was going on and hoping it wasn't something weirdly sexual.

"You should definitely come along, you might learn something." Vince grinned and led the way out to the garage, butterflies in his stomach which never happened to him.

When they arrived, he opened the door and ushered Dani inside. Nick followed and Vince scurried to head them both off as they were walking.

"Well?" Dani questioned and Vince walked up tossing a car cover off of a car parked near the end of the row, and next to the GTO.

"Surprise." He gestured to the car next to him.

"Wait, what?" Her eyes got big and his chest swelled.

"I talked to Oz and explained that you were ready to go back in the field, but your car was definitely just a goner at this point. He and I made some concessions and it turns out there was enough in the budget to replace your Mustang and this came up locally. Now, it needs a little work, but I can do a lot of stuff, especially with your help. And then, it's yours to use in the field." Vince's grin was huge and Nick just stood back with his arms crossed taking in the scene.

"Holy shit Vince. Is this a '69 Superbee?"

"It is, awesome memory."

"Fuck memory, this is a classic. I love it. I can't believe you did this. You are so incredible. It's perfect." She was gushing and then ran up jumping into his arms for a huge bear hug. It ended in a kiss to his cheek, which was not what he hoped. Somehow, though, making this woman smile was enough to make him happy.

"I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure on the color, but the owner had just had it painted a year ago, so I thought we could leave it."

"It's a pearl white, I love it. I mean, honestly, Vince this is amazing. I am so happy right now. And, Oz approved this?"

"Well, to be fair, he owed me one or three from other stuff, so I cashed in. It's the least I could do after being an asshole about the last mission." Vince ran his hand over the back of his neck remembering what kind of stupid comments he had made the night before they left.

"Trust me, it's all forgiven and, then some. Now, I just have to figure out what to name him."

"Huh?" Nick finally joined the conversation.

"I have to name him. You always name your cars."

"I suppose Vince has called the GTO sweetheart on more than one occasion." He shrugged.

"You know it's up to you ultimately, but I was actually thinking that Lily would be a good name for her." Vince grinned at Dani who still held his hand lightly as she looked at the car.

"Why Lily?" Nick's question made him look away from Dani, who he couldn't help but notice was actually happy for the first time since Stan died. She was beautiful like this, and he definitely missed it.

"That was actually my grandmother's name, and she used to have this beautiful white shawl that she wore in the winter all the time. I guess the car just reminded me of her." Vince remembered the sweet old woman that had given him so much life advice. He couldn't help but feel warmth in his chest at all those things she told him about watching out for the perfect woman. He felt like they were all encapsulated perfectly in Dani and it killed him.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-03-2019, 04:36 PM