Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 09

They got on the road early the next morning, mostly because they still had to stop and pick up a nice dress and some shoes for Dani. It seems in their haste to pack everything; she hadn't packed anything for a social occasion. Fortunately for Nick and Vince they rarely used the agency provided tuxes, so they were still pressed and ready to go.

Vince had made particular note of how Dani looked that morning. She had bags under her eyes like she hadn't slept at all. It was sad to see her like that, and he felt like a real piece of shit for being the cause of it. Why hadn't he just kept his mouth shut?

"Okay, we're here. Now, do you want to go in alone Dani or shall we join you?" Nick's voice roused her and Vince looked back as Dani tried to pull herself together.

"At this point, I was wondering if the two of you should go as the newlyweds. The last thing I want to do is put on a dress."

"No such luck. There's a reason Oz said you would make the job easier. Apparently, they don't accept alternative lifestyles here. So, one of us is definitely going as your husband. Now, alone or with us?"

"I think I'll deal with this one alone. How about you guys go grab some beers or something?"

"Alright, and hey Oz allotted you a few hundred, so get something good on the company card you have." Nick smiled at her and Dani half-heartedly smiled back.

With those words, she got out of the car and Nick and Vince headed down the street to a bar.

"Were you guys up late having fun?" Nick smirked as they got out to head inside.

"Nope, why?"

"Because she looks exhausted today, and you're not doing much better."

"That's because I decided to go ahead and talk about what I was feeling and it ended with Dani sleeping in her own bed. I'm guessing that is not what she needed before going on assignment." Vince groaned and they ordered beers from an all too perky waitress.

"Shit. So, I take it I should be the one to go inside with her?" The waitress arrived and Vince pondered for a moment if he should tell Nick that the thought of letting her pretend to be his wife was just too much. He didn't want to think of anyone else with Dani like that, least of all Nick. But, if he said something then Nick would give him more grief and he didn't know if he could handle that.

"You know what; you actually look a little beat too. I'm thinking you should play husband and that way I can keep ears and eyes on you guys. I'm the most likely to be alert. I'll just tell Dani I'm better with the electronic gear. Does that work?" Damn if Nick didn't know him. He saw the look on the younger man's face and could tell this was just a nice way of him giving Vince an out. Nick was his best friend and partner, of course, he knew Vince better than himself at this point.

"If you think that makes sense. I'll plant a few cameras and we'll schmooze it up. What time is this shindig anyways?"

"From 6 to 8 tonight, and then the following day they are going to start therapy sessions. I arranged with Oz already that whoever was inside would go ahead and grab a spot. I figure that's the only way to get the ghost directly. I'm just hoping it's an easy job. Otherwise, let's hope Dani is back to 100% by tomorrow."

Maybe it was how tired Dani was or the fact that she still trusted what Nick told her, but there was very little fight about her needing to go inside with Vince. It gave Vince at least a glimmer of hope that he could save whatever it was between them. Of all things, he didn't want to lose Dani as one of his close friends.

In less than two hours, they were in a hotel down the street from the location and Dani was changing. Vince had put on his tuxedo and was trying desperately not to be uncomfortable. He hated being in a monkey suit. It was bad enough when they had to wear the regular suits, but this was much, much worse. A bow tie made him want to die every time he had to tie it.

"So, how does it look?" Dani came out of the bathroom with her hair swept up in the front and hanging long in the back. Her face had a light dusting of makeup that made her look positively perfect. Vince's eyes followed the line of her neck into the spaghetti-strapped light blue dress that seemed to make her chest look even more bountiful than usual. He continued the trail downwards, taking in the slit up the front of her dress that showed off just enough of her legs to make him want more. The look finished with a pair of silver heels that varied from plush to shiny. It was impeccable and all he could do was stare at the goddess in front of him.

"I think what he wants to say is what I'm thinking which is that you clean up real nice Dani." Nick spoke where Vince couldn't.

"Thanks, but I still hate getting all fancy. Anyways, if you're done staring Vince I think we should head out." She strode towards him confidently, now matching his height in the heels she wore.

"Sorry, you just look beautiful Dani." He smiled and she grinned back. He saw it for the progress it was and followed Nick out to the car.

Once outside the location, they looked around noting there were about 30 other cars in the parking lot. The hotel, itself, loomed before them. It was clearly four stars, which was much more than the CIA had sprung for in their accommodations. Hopefully, this job wouldn't require running around the place, though, because there was no way Vince was running around this whole place in his dress shoes.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 11-03-2019, 03:10 PM