Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Alright, well shit. I'm going to go hit the range for a bit. I want to make sure I haven't lost my touch after this last month." Dani bounced up and headed down the hall way. Vince waited until she was out of ear shot before speaking up.

"You really think she's ready?" He glared at Nick as he put down his book.

"I don't know, but I think we need to find out."

"Why? What's the rush suddenly?"

"Vince, it's been over a month and there are no agents covering where she and Stan were. Oz asked me if he should transfer her into D.C. for a while or if he can just look for a partner for her. You know it will kill her to go on desk duty for a full year. So, I said we'd take an assignment and see if she was ready. He agreed that if we think she is close, he would give her another month to sort herself out and find a new partner for her."

"Damnit Nick. I know you were doing what you thought was best, but I was going to ask Oz to just assign her to the bunker with us. That way she stays somewhat in the field and..."

"And here with you?"

"Fine, yes, here with me. I want to make sure she's okay. Stan was a huge loss for her and I don't know if she is ready." Vince sighed, letting Nick see just a little of what he was holding tightly.

"Vince, it's her choice if she's ready. If you want her to stay, then you should really discuss that with her and not me or Oz. Either way, we're heading out tomorrow for this assignment and it will at least buy you another month to figure things out."

"Fine, but I'm not happy you didn't discuss this with me first."

With those words, Vince relented and went back to research. He would have to talk to Dani later and assure himself more than anything that she was ready to get back to field work. She meant a lot to him and there was no way he was chancing her life by pushing her too far too soon.

Later that night, Dani came in as usual, and slid into bed next to Vince. He was just settling himself as she lay there watching him with a soft smile on her face.

"All set to sleep?" She asked it casually and he knew he had to talk to her now or never.

"I actually wanted to talk to you first."

"What about?"

"I just wanted to make sure you felt ready for tomorrow. I mean it's only been a month since the Stan thing and if you weren't ready you know..."

"I think I am ready Vince. You know, I've been thinking about it a lot and now that I'm out of that massive self-destructive phase, well I need to get back to it. I'm the best when I'm in the field and if I don't go back I'll just go crazy. Besides, what if Oz sent me to the home office? I might literally go postal and kill some people."

"Well, you know those might not be your only options."

"What do you mean?"

"I was just thinking that I could talk to Oz and maybe you could stay here with Nick and I as extra help."

"Look, Vince as much as I like it here, this is not my jam. I am a field agent. I need to get my hands dirty. Honestly, I've never volunteered for a bunker for that very reason. I like to be out roaming around and doing stuff."

"I get that, I do. And, you know Nick and I won't be on this assignment forever, so you could just take it easy for a while and then when we go back out stick with us."

"Does Oz think I'm done? I mean is he saying that I need to be a third somewhere?"

"No, not at all. I'm just saying that it would mean the two of us would have more time together."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-03-2019, 02:43 PM