Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Good morning." Nick was chipper with a sly grin as Vince came in.

"Morning. Do you know what's coming in?"

"Nope, just a delivery. Sorry to pull you away from..." He gestured down the hall and lifted his eyebrows.

"It's fine. She's just exhausted, so sleeping another hour or so."

"Exhausted? So, you finally got your do-over?"

"It's not like that. If you must know, Dani just didn't want to sleep alone, so she crashed in my bed last night."

"And I wasn't born yesterday." Nick rolled his eyes and went back to the food on the stove.

"I'm actually serious man, nothing happened. She just slept next to me."

"Really? Interesting."

"Cool it man, leave things alone. I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"Alright. Hey sorry man."

"All good, just don't give Dani a hard time or anything, alright."

Nick nodded and went back to making breakfast. The rest of that day was work as usual. Dani pitched in again, helping to catalogue and photograph the rather large unwieldy vase that came in. It was made completely of bronze and heavy as hell. The three agents worked the whole day only taking breaks for meals. Again, Vince found himself hoping that Dani was liking this just as much. He already had fantasies of asking Oz to let her join their team permanently in his head.

That night, he was again dozing off, when a soft knock sounded on his door.

"Yea?" This time Dani didn't wait to respond through the door, instead just opening it and smiling at him.

"Can I crash here again?" Her voice was sweet and Vince smiled and nodded. He hadn't even turned his light off yet, and part of him wondered if Dani even gave sleeping alone a try. Either way, he wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"Sure, come on in." He rolled back the blanket and Dani came over quickly curling on her side facing him. After a small smile, he rolled onto his back and flicked the light off.

As he lay down, he felt that same hand from the night before creep across his chest. He slid his own hand over top and lay there listening to hear her soft breathing as she dozed off. It was a dream laying there with her and pretending like it could be his life forever.

The next night, Vince was almost asleep after lying and wondering if Dani would come back to join him. The familiar knock made his mind quiet and soon she was curled up in bed with him. This time, her head landed on his shoulder before he turned the light back off. The smell of her hair in his nostrils all night made his dreams maddening. They were full of Dani and ran the gambit from x-rated to Hallmark movie. By morning, he had fallen in love with her even more.

The two weeks that followed only solidified how Vince felt. There wasn't even one night that Dani didn't come in to join him in bed. They never did anything, and it was never even expected. Vince wouldn't have refused, but he certainly wasn't going to push for anything. As for Dani, she grew more and more at home with the situation. By the end of the two weeks, she didn't even knock, just came in and curled up. They slept each night closer and closer, and would wake in each other's arms. It was perfect by Vince's estimation, and he only hoped it would last.

Unfortunately, nothing good ever seemed to last in Vince's world.

"Hey Dani, so Oz called today. Said he had a quick assignment for us, and we need a female to accompany. It looks like it's a ghost that likes to get couples." Nick came in as Vince and Dani sat researching in the library. They had been trying to crack a Greek code that some agents requested.

"Really?" She looked up at Nick excited, and Vince's heart sank a little.

"Yep. Oz said if you're ready we can handle it. I, for one, could use some field work and I figured you might want to get out of here too." Nick was pumping her up, and Vince was going to have to have a serious talk with him. Dani wasn't ready. She lost her best friend barely over a month before, how could she be ready.

"I am so ready. I mean don't get me wrong guys - I have enjoyed my time here, but I'm a field agent. I can't wait to get my hands dirty." Dani practically beamed as she spoke. "When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow. Looks like they have a social at the hotel to welcome perspective couples for intensive therapy. It appears that they have had three couples die in the last few months, but they just keep going. From what Oz says, it's worth a lot of money and they focus on strengthening newly married couples."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-03-2019, 02:42 PM