Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"It's uh no big deal, just try to maybe keep it out of the bedroom hallway. The doors are pretty thin." Nick smiled at her as the tension from the night before left him.

Shortly after lunch, the two men headed out. They were meeting a team half-way to the bunker to retrieve some artifact that had magical powers. Vince didn't really know or care. All he cared about was what Dani would be doing. He knew some girl in a bar nearby was about to enjoy what he desperately wanted, and that girl had no idea how lucky she was. It was enough to drive him insane. Nick could see the tension in him, but kept his mouth shut. Vince knew this feeling was only going to get worse the longer Dani stayed. That was his predicament; he didn't want her to leave, but it was killing him to have her there with them. Vince took a deep breath and turned up the music, trying to ease the tension in their ride.

After a few hours, the guys exchanged some pleasantries with two other agents. Vince barely even registered their names though; it was like the world was in a fog around him. And once they were back in the car, it didn't get any better. Then, it was just a question of how soon they would be home. Would he find her there? Should he be worried if she wasn't? None of the questions in his mind had answers.

"So, I was thinking we could stop for food, maybe give Dani a few more hours." Nick broke the silence in the car half way through their drive home. They still had a solid three hours, but for Vince it could have been three years.

"Yea, sure man. Whatever you want to eat is fine by me." The comment landed him at some burger joint off the side of the highway with his partner. He knew what Nick was doing in trying to distract him, and he supposed it was for the best.

Inside the small, dimly lit restaurant, the two men ordered and waited on their meals, with Vince still barely made eye contact and certainly didn't say anything to his partner. It wasn't until the burgers came out and Vince started to lather his in ketchup that Nick finally broke.

"Alright, dude, I can't take it anymore. Talk to me about her or talk about something, but you're killing me with the silence." Nick sighed and took the ketchup bottle from Vince.

"What do you mean? We never talk much."

"There's a big difference between not much and the Iron Curtain, which is what's going on now. I mean you barely even said hello to the agents back there."

"Sorry, I'm just thinking."

"Yea, I know, about Dani. I don't see why you don't go and talk to her. What's the worst that'll happen; she gets pissed and fucks some new girl? She's already angling to do that."

"Don't talk about her like that man."

"Come on, you know I'm not insulting her. I'm just wondering why you don't go in there and have a heart to heart with her."

"Because I can't."

"Why not? You've been through a lot with Dani and she always responds to you."

"I know and that's why, because her getting pissed isn't the worst that'll happen." He finally let go as he stared into caring eyes and felt his connection to Nick. That brotherhood had kept him alive more than once and now he wasn't reaching out when he needed him.

"So, what's the worst Vince? Tell me man, level with me."

"The worst is I go in there to talk and something happens between us that means something to me, and then I can't be there to talk to her anymore. I don't want to chase her off, leave her with no one." He put down his burger and looked to Nick for answers.

"That's not going to happen man. There's a reason she looks to you for help, and there's a reason that she let you take her virginity. She trusts you, and no matter what happens she already knows what it means to you. So, just be there for her and don't let her run away."

"It's not that easy. She has confirmed so many times that she is not interested in something with a man."

"And yet, she has been with you twice now. All I'm saying is don't make it complicated just be there."

"I will, but just let her get it out of her system. A few more days and I swear I'll go talk to her." Vince gave in, not able to resist the implication of the words coming out of Nick's mouth. Maybe he was right, maybe it wasn't about what Dani said as much as what she did. In any event, it bought him a few days.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 09-03-2019, 11:44 AM