Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
Nick walked out of the barn a few minutes later and mouthed silently to Vince that he cleared the place. That was it, they were done, and yet he couldn't move. The heartbreak that Dani felt made his own heart tear in two. The last thing he ever wanted was to see her in pain, and now here she was at her worst.

"I think we should call Oz for clean-up." Nick finally spoke up, and Vince nodded. Dani pulled back suddenly from him.

"Wait, no, no, Stan... You have to put Stan in the back with me and then if he comes back..."

"Dani...come on sweetheart. Just let me hold you while Nick takes care of him." Nick nodded at Vince's words and made his way back to the barn door dialing his phone. They were already in sync on what had to be done next and how it should be handled.

When the black vans pulled up to the property thirty minutes later, Vince had corralled Dani into their backseat and was still holding her. Nick waved at the incoming guys and jogged over saying a few words before jogging back. He climbed into the driver's seat of the GTO and took them back to Dani's house without another word.

From there, it was relative silence as Vince led her into the bathroom and helped Dani strip down and get in the shower. His first priority was getting what was left of Stan off of her, and then he would worry about what came next. Once she was inside the shower and safely out of ear shot, Vince slid out finding Nick in the kitchen.

"So, what did you tell Oz?" Nick sat with a cup of coffee at the table, looking as numb as Vince felt.

"I told him exactly what you would have. I explained that Dani was breaking down because they killed a nice woman she met here and Paul called us because she thought it was a huge nest. So, we went with her and Stan was killed in the fight."

"So, he'll get a proper agent funeral and..."

"And go down in the books as a hero, like he should. And, Dani will have to take her mandatory two months off before she gets evaluated for returning to the field with a possible new partner."

"Jesus, Nick. I've lost some guys in my day, even ones I was friends with, but the way she was with Stan. That was her brother."

"I know. I saw her and I couldn't help but think what if that happened to you man. I would flip out just the same. Fuck, I wouldn't have had the sense to put the barriers up like she did."

"Yea, she's a tough bitch at the end of the day. I just don't know what to say to her."

"Not much at first. I think you have to let Dani decompress however she does it. But, if she's anything like you...well I'm not sure she should be alone."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that she hadn't eaten anything in days, or slept, or showered when we got here. So, her benders to get over shit sound like yours and if it gets worse...well."

"Fuck. I hate it when you're right. So, what do we do? Will Oz let us stay here?"

"No, but I think if we needed to go through the details with her of what happened, maybe for training purposes. Then, I think you can make a case to him for her staying at the bunker with us for a bit."

"Are you okay with that?"

"Would you be able to leave her here if I wasn't?"

"Nick, don't make it about that."

"I don't have to. I saw the way you were with her and Vince you can't leave someone you love hurting. So, I figure we either bring her, or I have to explain to Oz why you've gone missing for the next month." He smiled as he looked up at his friend.

"I'm going to check on Dani. Maybe I'll talk her into a little car trip." He smiled back, exchanging more words without saying anything as he headed into the downstairs bathroom.

Nick finished his coffee and headed upstairs, intending to clean himself up a little in the master bathroom before they headed out of town. It took Vince all of an hour to have Dani convinced and packing her own bag to come with them. She seemed hollow, just waiting for a suggestion, and he was happy he could at least give her that.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 09-03-2019, 11:43 AM