Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 07

The next morning found the three of them in the GTO parked 200 yards from the barn where Dani knew the vampires were hanging out. They were just past a small tree line and hidden from view. It was a simple plan really. Nick and Vince would go in and take out the entire nest of bloodsuckers while Dani waited at the car. She was only supposed to head in if she heard Vince whistle or if it took longer than 30 minutes. It was only about 10 vamps, so it was nothing for Nick and Vince in the daylight, when they would all be weakened and probably sleeping.

"Alright, so you stay here no matter what. And, we'll take care of this. Please Dani, don't come in there unless you have to." Vince looked at her as he and Nick readied themselves at the trunk. They had duffle bags full of weapons to choose from, which they loaded and carefully hid in various places in case they needed them in a pinch.

"I know. I'll give you 30 minutes and then I'll come, but I hope you'll be done before then." Her eyes were still red-rimmed as she looked at the two men. She was definitely in no shape for a fight.

"We'll end this and we'll bring him out Dani." Vince stopped what he was doing and walked over holding her face in his hands and catching her eyes.

"Please finish him fast Vince so it doesn't hurt." She teared up as she spoke and Nick continued to get ready as Vince took her in his arms. Her hands wrapped around his back, holding on and he felt the need in her to have this over. He only hoped he could do as she asked, but wouldn't make a promise he wasn't sure he could keep, not to her.

"Just wait here, Nick and I have this." With that he turned back and slid the last two blades into the top of his boots.

"We'll take care of it Dani, don't worry." Nick smiled at her before he and Vince headed through the trees toward the barn.

They looked back when they reached the outer door and Vince could tell that Dani was fairly well hidden behind the tree cover. He nodded at Nick's signal and the taller man slid the door open enough for Vince to get inside. The barn was dark, so both men turned on their small red lights and split up making their way to either side. Just past the entryway, they started to see cots lined up on either side with sleeping figures perched atop.

Just like their field work in New Orleans, the two men fell into an easy rhythm of slicing throats before stabbing into the hearts of each creature. They would normally have checked each, but the risk was too high and with a concentration like this it would alert them for sure. After finishing off the main room, Nick flashed his light three times, signaling he was ready to move to the back area, now hidden by hay bales. After killing four to match the four Nick had, Vince knew there had to be more somewhere in there.

"Dani." A voice called out through the barn and it startled them both. It was Stan's voice. Vince pulled Nick to the side against the hay bales before they entered the next section.

"I think I should go back and take care of him if we missed him, can you handle the rest of the barn?" Vince whispered it out to his partner.

"I don't know. There could be two or three more, but there could be ten Vince."

"Dani." Stan's call was a little louder now, and it had Vince on high alert.

"Shit. I don't want her to come over here."

"Listen, she probably won't even hear him calling. Let's just finish this. It's the back and the hayloft and if we don't find him we'll double back together."

"If she hears him though..."

"Vince, get your head in the game. Before she hears him, every other creature in here is going to hear him. We have to finish this before any of them escape." Nick gave him a look that was clear in its intention and Vince couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Dani." The voice grew even louder and Vince cursed under his breath as he nodded at Nick and they moved forward. The back of the barn turned out to be empty, and left them with just the hay loft. Vince ascended the rickety ladder first, with his gun trained at the opening. Nick didn't chance going up at the same time for fear the ladder wouldn't hold his weight.

No sooner had Vince reached the top then he was whisked away violently. Nick rushed up and was soon involved in the tussle. Four vampires had made their home in the hay loft and Vince and Nick were entwined with them as the men tried to finish this off.

Everything was a blur of fangs and blood as Vince tried to hold one creature at bay with a knife while he shot at another to no avail. In a burst of strength, he shoved the one gnashing his teeth at his arm with one heavy kick. Then, he turned slamming home his knife into the other creature's chest and twisting mercilessly until it collapsed on the floor.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 09-03-2019, 11:43 AM