Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Sweetheart, look at me. Have you slept in the past few days?" Vince could see the fatigue in her eyes, and he couldn't miss the bloodstains down her clothes. He was fairly certain that Dani had been right here in this kitchen drinking for two days after she warded the house.

"Not really."

"Have you even showered and changed, let alone eaten?" He couldn't believe he didn't see it when they first came in. He was so focused on taking care of the problem, now he could actually see just how broken down she was.

"No, I remember calling Paul, but I guess I've just been here drinking." She looked at him as if realizing how bad this was for the first time.

"Alright, baby, we need to get you into a hot shower. Nick and I will clean your room and grab you some clothes. Where are your clothes, in there?" Vince loved her and he needed to take care of her that was his job to love her even when she didn't love herself.

Nick stood by drinking his own coffee and admiring this side of his partner. It reminded him of his dad when he was little and he hadn't seen Vince like this virtually ever. Sure he had cared for some witnesses on cases, but to care for her like this, it was a new level especially since they had never really been together as a couple. They had only really slept together once for god's sake, and here he was ready to take her into the shower.

"I'm fine. I can wait 'till this is over." Dani protested, emptying her coffee cup ready to stand up.

"The hell you can. Let me take care of you and then you can sleep and be ready for what's coming. Don't fight me on this baby." He had the tone now and Nick knew no one resisted Vince when he had that tone.

"Okay. My clothes are on the right side of the dresser, please don't open the left that's where Stan kept his and he might need them if he comes back." She looked at Nick her eyes held knowledge although she still hadn't reconciled herself to the truth.

Vince picked her up in his arms after she indicated the downstairs bathroom was around through the hallway. She put her arms around his neck looking into his eyes with gratitude and dare he think it love. He turned on the shower and stripped her down helping her inside. He told her to start rinsing and he would go up and get her shampoo and such.

When he emerged, he toed off his boots and threw his jacket on another chair heading up to find Nick. Once he walked into the bedroom, he found Nick standing in a lit room just looking. The scene was gruesome. Light grey sheets were in front of them with blood streaked all over them. There were handprints in the blood and he wondered who they belonged too. The blood had long since dried and he saw then that it was on the walls too.

Bloody footprints led away from the bed towards the door. There were several sets, some in shoes, but two were distinctly bare feet which he presumed were Stan's.

"Well, start wherever, I need to take her shower stuff down so she can get that crap off of her." Nick nodded at his partner's words watching Vince disappear into the adjoining bathroom. He came out a minute later and headed down the stairs.

Nick busied himself with gathering the sheets and pillows and taking them downstairs to throw out. There was no way they were getting that blood out. He heard the shower running as he bagged them up and tossed the bag outside. He knew someone had to stay with her, so he didn't mind the cleanup. He hadn't seen her this bad. It just wasn't the same Dani he knew.

Vince was inside the bathroom with the door shut just absently watching as Dani showered. He thought getting in with her would be too much, so he didn't dare. She seemed to go through the motions okay, but stayed silent. He was perfectly content to be with her. Ten minutes later and she opened the door, her hair dripping, and he couldn't help but think back to that first night they had together and how that had driven him crazy.

"Better?"

"Not sure yet. Can you hand me a towel?" Vince stood up grabbing a towel from the rack and passing it to her. She started to dry off and he heard a knock behind him on the door. He turned and opened the door a crack, seeing his partner on the other side.

"Clothes." Nick passed him a folded pile and gave him a small smile before Vince closed the door again. He looked at her as she dried off and waited. She stepped out of the shower and nearly fell in exhaustion.

"Hey Whoa, I got you. You have to eat you know, booze doesn't count. Let's get you dressed and we'll figure out something to make." Vince held her against him unwavering. She stood up and he dug through the pile handing her a pair of panties...boyshorts like she always wore. She smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder to steady herself as she pulled them on.

"Thank you Vince. I'm sorry you have to see me like this." She looked so sad as he passed her black yoga pants. He watched her stutter as she tried to put them on and he turned placing the rest of the pile on the sink and sank to his knee. He lifted her leg as she balanced against him and he slid the pants on.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-03-2019, 01:24 PM