Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"So, are you going to tell me what happened, or are we just going to keep pretending that nothing is going on between you and Dani." Nick broke the silence as he handed Vince another beer.

"What are you talking about?"

"Let me lay it out for you. So, you don't tell me that you did some 'research' for Dani." He did air quotes a sure fire sign that he knew what happened or at least had a good guess already. "And, Stan tells me that she had a lot of trouble bordering on being incapacitated on the very night that you had a date with some waitress you won't name. The next day though, she's mysteriously better and able to handle a full fight next to the artifact. Oh, and maybe I should mention the artifact only affects virgins."

"Look, she told you that I merely suggested that she scratch off the warding on the place and that did the trick."

"Ah, then how about the awkwardness when she got here. Give me a break Vince. Just be straight with me, something happened between you and Dani. You can keep lying to me if you want, but honestly it's bullshit and you know it." Nick shook his head and sat back down at the table with his beer.

"Goddamnit, fine something happened okay. I don't understand why you care so much. Look, she needed to fight those chicks and the relic made it impossible, so I helped her fix the problem. That's it, that's all."

"Something happened? You took her virginity didn't you? Holy shit Vince, how could you not tell me about that?"

"Because I didn't want you to go down that whole path about me pining after her and about how I had feelings. Of course I have feelings, and it should have been the damn best night of my life but I even fucked that up." Vince sat heavily down on the other side of the table putting his head down on his arm.

"What? How could you fuck that up? I've heard you with tons of women and they were screaming not complaining."

"I know, but it was her Nick, and it was like I was a teenager all over again. It was my one shot at her and that's the night my body chooses to have a hair trigger. Go ahead, laugh away, the great Vince came early like a fucking high school kid." He was ready for it, ready to take whatever ridiculing that Nick had to offer. Vince had beaten himself up enough already, so what was the big deal now.

"Oh shit man. Listen, I get it. I've had those nights before with a superhot chick. I didn't know Vince. I wouldn't have pushed."

"Well now you know. I blew my one chance at having the woman I'm crazy in love with."

"What? Vince you're in love with her? I...I don't know what to say. I've never heard you talk like that."

"Well, I've never felt that way about a woman before, not like her. But all I can hope for now is to be her friend, and I'll be damned if I'm going to fuck that up. That means no matter what you will not say a damn word about this to her or anyone else."

"Hey, my lips are sealed, but what are you going to do man? I mean I don't think she's converting any time soon. You have to get over her Vince. Seriously, or it's going to fuck you up forever."

"I know, and after the whole lake thing, well I thought I was past all that. Like moving on, good with just being friends. But then, this happened, and I'm right back to feeling like an asshole."

"Listen, you can't...wait what happened at the lake?"

"That is private, but let's just say I saw a lot of Dani and we had to keep warm somehow."

"Holy shit. I knew you seemed too happy that morning. Anyways, you can't lose her Vince above everything else. If you think that means you'll just be friends, then just be friends. I think you guys are just kindred spirits and it may not mean romantic stuff, but it means something. So, just be a good friend and see where it goes."

"That's what I'm trying to do, but it's damn hard. Hey, you wanna go out and get a beer somewhere, like do something moderately social?"

"Sounds good, I'm buying, let's head out."

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-03-2019, 01:23 PM