Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"That's about where we were. Last night, we were at the diner and spotted one demon. Stan followed him and he went over to some nightclub and sure enough there were two more there and one witch. We dispatched them pretty quickly. Then, today, we were at the same diner and saw another group. That's when I called Oz and told him things were a little nuts. I mean I try to play things safe when the odds get a little crazy, especially because Stan's pretty new to this stuff."

"So, tonight, why were you in the bar, uh dressed like that?" Vince had stepped back finally righting himself from the thoughts.

"Oh, well, we had a theory that the bar was the original source, so I thought I would go in looking desirable and get hit on, hopefully by one of them and get some answers. Once we were there though, they just kept piling in. That's when I texted Oz with a 911 and told him to send you guys to the bar. Thank god too, that was nuts."

"You handled your own though, pretty well." Vince traced his tongue on his top lip, clearly flirting with her.

"Thanks, I'm just glad you are as smart as I've heard. You boys really helped us out. We do have to figure out what the hell is going on though." Dani was oblivious to the flirtation.

"Alright, well, I'm going to see if we can get a room here and we'll get on it first thing." Nick chimed in heading for the door.

"Crap, the office closes at 11. You guys can crash here though, we have a pull out and Stan and I can bunk together." Dani was ever helpful.

"If that's okay, I'm down with it. I'll grab our bags." Nick smiled; still entertained by the ruse of Vince not knowing he had no chance with Dani.

"I'm going to shower first."

"Damnit Stan you always take the hot water, better make it quick because I have to wash my hair tonight." Dani stuck her tongue out before plopping down on the bed.

"So, you and Stan bunk together a lot?" Vince ventured out trying to assess the situation.

"Only when we have to, but you know that's more often than we'd like."

"You're not together then?"

"Stan and I, oh no way, we're just friends and partners. Well, more like family to be exact." She smiled. Dani loved Stan and her time teaching him had been great for her. It was always nice to have a traveling companion and Stan was like the brother she never had. Plus, her last partner had given up on the job, too burnt out to continue. So, Stan brought a freshness that enlivened her. He really enjoyed the thought of helping others.

Nick came back in with the bags before Vince could make a further effort. He, of course, knew that Dani and Stan weren't an item, and that Vince had his charming smile plastered all over his face. He wondered just how long this would last.

When Stan came out of the shower, Dani popped up heading into the bathroom. Stan plopped himself down on the bed, laptop in hand. He was a lot like Nick and figured more answers had to be online somewhere.

'When I read the letter you wrote, it made me mad, mad, mad.'

A loud voice came out of the bathroom singing. Stan rolled his eyes. Dani always sang in the shower, it was just a matter of what song.

'When I read the words that it told me, it made me sad, sad, sad.'

"Is that Zepplin?" Nick asked looking at Vince.

"Of course it is." Vince looked at him not sure why Nick wouldn't already know the answer to that question.

'But I still love you so, I can't let you go.'

"Oh, yea, Dani sings in the shower. Zepplin is one of her favorites, just wait until the rest; it gets louder and more obnoxious.

The words continued to filter out until they heard the water shut off. They stopped abruptly then, although Vince's love struck look only grew more and more clear. Nick couldn't help but smile as he gathered his stuff together to take his own shower.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 04-03-2019, 12:03 PM