Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty
Dark Division - The Capsa - Ch. 20

It was a little over a month before the two men heard anything even related to Lizzie. They hadn't chased her after she left the motel that morning, figuring it was a better idea to let her go. Lizzie had been the smart one both times, distancing herself from the two of them, and it seemed being back together only caused bad things to happen. Now, Jeff and Kerry were working a case hoping that burying themselves in helping people would ease the ache from missing Lizzie.

A single phone call from Oz brought them right back to that place though, and shattered any hope that Lizzie was off somewhere happy.

"Kerry, I need you boys to come here and try to find your angel friend. Lizzie's here and she's really sick. I've tried damn near every spell in the book and nothing. She can't keep food down and it's just getting worse by the hour." Oz sounded beside himself on the other end of the phone.

"I'll get Jeff, we're on our way. Call you from the road for more info." Kerry hung up, and started searching the bar they were staking out for his partner.

He found him finishing up a beer as he chatted up one of the locals. Kerry felt bad pulling him from work, his only real distraction from the pain they both shared. The last month had been bad, and despite agreeing to just not discuss their missing love, both were feeling pretty shitty still.

"Jeff, hey, we gotta go." Kerry called out to him before turning to head out to the car so they could pack up the motel room they had.

"What? Why?"

"Oz called, Lizzie's with him and she's really sick. Come on."

"What the fuck? Let's hurry up then, did he say what's going on?"

"He doesn't know. Just asked that we bring Tom and get over there."

"Is she possessed or something?"

"Jeff, I don't know. We'll call him from the road, but call Tom first and see if he can meet us there."

A short ride had them at the hotel packing at an insane pace. It only took them five minutes before they were dropping off keys and speeding off towards Oz's place. It would take a few hours to get to Oz, even if Jeff floored it. He called Tom asking him to go there first because Lizzie was in trouble. He got no response, but hoped the angel would get the message.

"Dial Oz Kerry." Jeff was terrified. He hadn't seen her in a month and he missed her, but he also knew Kerry and he had fucked up the last time they were together, and her note seemed clear that she didn't want to see them again. Every night he reminded himself of that while he held his phone wanting to dial her number. Now, he was terrified of what might have happened to her.

"Hey Kerry. It seems like she's calmed for now, but I don't know what the hell is going on with her." Oz's voice came in.

"We're on our way Oz." Kerry responded.

"I called Tom Oz, but tell me what's going on." Jeff was impatient not letting Kerry talk anymore.

"Look, all I know is Lizzie showed up looking like death warmed over. She said she didn't know where else to go, but she's been getting sick every night. She was convinced that she was possessed or something had poisoned her. Said it's been going on for about a week now." Oz sounded worried and it scared the shit out Kerry and Jeff. They knew if Oz was worried it was bad.

"Did you try an exorcism?" Jeff questioned.

"What, do you think I'm stupid? Of course I did an exorcism, and about ten other spells before I ran out of ideas. Maybe if your angel friend can come down he can fix this though."

"Oz, how bad is she?" Jeff held such concern in his voice. This was the woman he loved and now she was sick. He cursed himself for not chasing her after the motel, especially after what happened with Jonnie.

"Like I said, she's calm now, but she was puking her guts out until about 20 minutes ago. It was the same thing last night, but this seems to be a little worse. I don't know what happened, but she couldn't recall anything weird since seeing you guys last, so who knows. I'll call you guys with any updates, but for now get here and bring Tom."

"Thanks Oz." Kerry hung up. He looked over at Jeff seeing how he clenched his jaw. He knew his partner was beating himself up right now, and he was doing much the same in his own way. It wasn't fair that Lizzie had to keep dealing with this stuff, and he was kicking himself for not tracing her phone since she left them.

When they arrived at Oz's, they both ran to the front door. Bursting inside they found Oz standing with a beer in the living room, and Lizzie laid on his couch. Tom had arrived shortly before them and had his hands above her with his eyes closed.

"How is she?" Kerry asked as they entered, while Jeff made his way around Tom to squat down and look into her face. He needed to see her, to see that she was alive.

"She's sleeping, so we'll see what the angel comes up with."

Tom opened his eyes and stood. He appeared shocked as he looked down at Lizzie. They were all expecting her to miraculously open her eyes like any other time Tom pulled someone from near death, but she remained where she was.

"Tom? Did you heal her?" Jeff asked standing up next to him.

"I...I can't." The words came from him slowly as the look of astonishment came over his face. He wasn't sure what to make of the information he had just learned, let alone how to relate it to anyone else.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM