Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty
"Craig, Craig, calm down. Look, I'm not sure how I'm going to work it out, but I will. I will be there tomorrow morning and we'll get through this together. I have to go now and make arrangements." She hung up with a deep sigh and slumped down into the desk chair.

"Everything okay?" Jeff's voice startled her from thought.

"Yeah, one of my longtime clients just got arrested and both the company and he are freaking out. I got a call a few hours ago. I've been on the phone trying to work everything out since then. Not exactly easy considering I haven't done criminal defense work in years now." Lizzie let the stress of the morning come pouring out.

"Wow, I guess I forgot that you have a real, adult career. It's kind of neat to see you this way." Jeff smiled.

"Well, the shitty thing is that he doesn't want any other attorney with him, and I can't piss off this client. I mean corporate clients are hard to come by and one that pays this well isn't one you blow off. So, I will just have to figure this out. I have no idea how I'm going to go in public in heat, though. I can't exactly blow someone up in front of the courthouse."

"We'll go with you to court. It won't be that bad, I mean we'll get to see what you used to do and I love a sexy lawyer outfit. If you want our help it's yours." Jeff tried to make light of it all.

"Hey guys, what's up? That bed is crazy comfortable Lizzie; I haven't slept that well in forever." Kerry came into the room yawning and stretching.

"Hey Kerry, just a client emergency." Lizzie smiled at him, feeling her warm feelings creep back in hiding the bad memories that still plagued her.

"Lizzie has to be in court tomorrow morning, and I told her we didn't mind staying an extra day and going with her." Jeff chimed in.

"If it means sleeping in that bed more, no problem at all." Kerry yawned.

Lizzie spent the next hour lining up the bail issues in case something happened at Craig's arraignment, and then of course working with his company to resolve their stress. It seemed she was on a never ending set of phone calls. She had not even stopped to eat dinner. Kerry, thankfully, had gone out and bought dinner for all of them.

After dinner, they sat down to have a drink together and Kerry excused himself going to the spare bedroom so he could continue some research he had started.

Lizzie sat in the chair near Jeff watching t.v. with him in relative quiet. A few minutes later, she excused herself to go up to her bedroom to try to get some rest. She had completely forgotten about her scent with all the work she was involved in.

A knock on the door drew her attention up from the book she was reading as she sat in her bed in her shorts and tank top.

"Come in."

Jeff opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him.

"Hi, so I was wondering if we could chat." Jeff was shy almost in his approach.

"Um, okay." she wasn't sure what to expect from him. He did have a tendency to be emotionally stunted.

"Listen, I just want you to know that it has been good to hang out with you again these last few days regardless of the circumstances. I missed you like crazy." Jeff was raw and open, the way he was with those he loved.

"It has been good, I kind of miss you guys too, but it's just so damn complicated." She sighed as Jeff came over sitting on the edge of the bed furthest from her.

"I know, and I know that I can never fix what I did. I...I...I fucked up, fate or no fate, I fucked up and if I could do anything to take it back. I can't though, and I have to live with what I did, and with knowing that no matter how bad it hurts me...the pain you must feel I can't even comprehend. There were so many times I just wished that I hadn't been drinking that night or that I hadn't come into your room..." A tear rolled down Jeff's cheek.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 01-03-2019, 05:01 PM