Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty
"Was that me?" She looked around and at the equally stunned faces of her two mates.

"I think we found out what your powers are." Jeff smiled at her.

From there, the three of them hopped into the Torino and made quick work of calling Oz. Lizzie sat in the back stunned at what had just happened, but strangely comforted by the fact that she was able to protect herself. She hadn't really been in a desperate situation since the last gate opened, so this was all new.

On the way to Oz's the three managed to drive without stopping at a hotel, trading off driving every few hours. It was somehow much easier now that they had something to discuss that was new for them all. Lizzie found solace in being able to talk without all the baggage. Soon, they all were somehow okay with the witch and her hope of normalcy gone. Maybe it was the fact that she could protect herself or maybe it was just coming to terms with what happened. In any event, by the time they returned to Oz's house, they were all exhausted and went to the spare bedrooms without much more discussion.

A quick breakfast the next morning was all Lizzie could take before she had to head out again. It was a few hours to her cabin and as much as she was enjoying the fact that she had such a kick ass power now; she still wanted to be home sooner rather than later.

"Are you heading home?" Kerry asked as they threw their bags into the Torino.

"Yep, where are you guys heading?" She smiled at him as she stood near Henry.

"We're between cases so probably head to a safe house a few hours north to hole up until something happens." Jeff joined them as they stood in the morning sunlight. It was nice to be there with them like this, and as much as she knew it was probably a bad idea; Lizzie didn't want to say goodbye to them.

"Well if you guys have nowhere else to be, I live a few hours north and you guys can come and crash there tonight before going back to a safe house. You both look tired and so am I. I can make us dinner, and maybe we can even talk over some whiskey." Lizzie put it out there.

"Sounds amazing, and then maybe you'll want to come to the safe house with us. You do have another 3 weeks of dealing with your heat right?" Jeff asked trying to invite her back so they could at least chat, but knowing it had to be her decision to come.

"My house for a day or so, and then I think I'll be just fine. Follow me boys." She hopped into Henry.

For lunch, they enjoyed a few drinks and some good pasta that Lizzie prepared. Some of the tension resolved, but knowing that Lizzie still had this curse on her meant that they had not saved her and would have to start trying again.

After lunch, Lizzie had poured them all drinks so they could sit and chat. She wasn't sure how she would ever get past would they had done to her, but being with them the past few days had at least helped her feel better. She was worried that opening that door was too much, though, given that she knew what the results of getting pregnant might be and she knew that both men were likely candidates for that. She could only hope that knowing the future wouldn't necessarily make it happen.

"Oh shit, hey slow down and tell me what happened." Jeff heard Lizzie on the phone obviously distressed.

He got up from couch where he had passed out and walked towards her office. Kerry had made his way to the spare bedroom upstairs where he was still crashed out.

"The arraignment is tomorrow? I don't know if I can make that." Lizzie was freaking out on the phone having heard that one of her longtime clients had just been arrested for embezzlement. He was understandably crazy and now that he had bailed out thanks to her work an hour earlier he was at home stressing. She couldn't not help him out, but at the same time she was in heat. How the hell was she going to go to court with her scent so high?
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 01-03-2019, 05:00 PM