Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty
"I'll have a bacon cheeseburger and some fries with a chocolate milkshake." With those words, she pulled herself up and caught a steady look from Jeff in the rearview mirror. He didn't smile, just looked at her and she stared back.

A few minutes later and they were all eating in the car, parked off to the side. The silence was thick as she munched down her food. It was Jeff who chimed in this time.

"So, it looks like your mother found out about Gabriel's little deal and made a deal of her own down below. I think the idea was that this witch would have a spell to find you once the gates were open and you could then be used as a pretty powerful weapon or sired to whomever."

"And how did you find this out?"

"We might have tortured a few demons, but the important thing is that your mother was actually screwing Hell over too. I guess she was a little smarter than your dad. Instead of just giving the witch one spell to find you, she also gave her something more powerful. It's some type of spell that recloses the gates after finding you. I guess it's a hidden feature. The witch knows, but no one else did until she had a daughter." Jeff spoke perfunctorily trying to hide the feelings brewing inside of him. He was just trying to find a way to connect with Lizzie again and at least she was invested in this topic.

"I hope you didn't torture the daughter."

"No, we just followed some leads and ended up talking with her. I guess her mom is training her to take over because she's sick. This spell seemed particularly nasty though, and when she pressed well it freaked her out. She doesn't really want to learn something that Heaven and Hell will both be pissed about. So, we made her a deal. We'll take care of her mother, she doesn't have to even learn the spell and in exchange they'll reclose your gates." Jeff turned now and looked at her trying to make that connection even more.

"And the CIA is fine with you babysitting this witch forever?" Lizzie was instantly suspicious of what their real intentions were.

"No, of course they aren't. But, Oz is so we're going to take her back to live near him and she'll be safe."

"Fuck and I gave the old man a hard time. I can be a real bitch sometimes." She said the words and shook her head. She let things catch up to her too much at times and now after Oz had apparently gone out of his way she had vented anger onto him.

"He won't be too upset. You didn't exactly know." Kerry finally chimed in and turned to look at her.

"Well, listen, I'm pretty wired, do you want me to take a shift of driving Jeff? You guys can crash for a few hours?" Lizzie ventured it out unsure.

"That sounds great." Jeff hopped out opening the door for her from the back. He felt a glimmer of hope as they passed by each other. She had not recoiled as he thought she would. It was small really, but it was something.

The rest of the day was spent shifting drivers in relative silence as they sped down the road. Music filled the car, changing with each new set of hands on the wheel, but the conversation was pretty much gone. Despite stops for food, they made pretty good time, and when Lizzie was asleep again in the back, they only had about six hours left. She figured they would get to the small Louisiana town sometime in the night and be gone again by morning.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 28-02-2019, 05:10 PM