Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty

"Kerry, hey get your partner. I think I figured out the next two and I might know what angel was involved in writing out this manuscript." Oz was on the phone as Kerry ran into the kitchen where Jeff was sitting. He was nursing a hell of a hangover this morning and Lizzie hadn't even left her room yet. There was an ominous feeling throughout the bunker.

"Jeff, it's Oz, he's got more info."

"Hey Oz, whatta ya got?" Jeff sounded hoarse as he gulped down water.

"More bad news, but at least news. So, from what I can tell the last two gates are repeats meaning the same thing happens to her twice. Now, it didn't make sense to me at first, but now I think I figured it out. It appears that the final two gates are both her imprintings. We have been thinking it would only happen once, but it looks like she gets imprinted twice and both are bad."

"How do you mean bad?" Kerry sighed and took a sit at the table.

"I mean not so consensual. The translations range from rending of flesh to letting of blood, but all bad. So, if you two can stop yourselves and anyone else from imprinting on her then we have a shot. Also found another interesting tidbit."

"We're not going to bite her, so no worries there. Now, you said something about the author." Kerry wanted to get all the information he could on this, and knowing who wrote it might be a huge key.

"Yeah, there is a seal on it. It's faint, but I'm trying to enhance it. If I find out who wrote it, I'll let you know." Oz hung up with that and the two of them sighed. If there was one thing they could stop, it was hurting Lizzie. Neither of them would be capable of doing real harm to her, not intentionally.

At least when Oz said he would work quickly, he meant it. That's why when Jeff got a call a few hours later, he wasn't surprised.

"Hey Oz, what do you have?"

"You're not going to like it and I don't think we can tell Lizzie about this. Is she there?"

"Nope, she's doing some work with Kerry in the library...and yes it's just work." Jeff anticipated the old man's comments.

"Okay, well it looks like the seal is pretty old, like archangel old. I think it belongs to Gabriel. I asked Tom to check into it, but that would mean that cool Uncle Gabriel knows a heck of a lot more than he is letting on. Anyways, once I confirm it, well we need to put the winged asshole in a room and have a long conversation."

"Wait, if Gabriel wrote it...Shit, Oz he raised her. How could he not anticipate things going like this?"

"I don't know, but I definitely want to ask him. Jeff, I think this has been far more orchestrated than we believed. You and Kerry need to be careful with this. I don't even like Tom being involved, but I need to double check this with someone." Oz sighed heavily. "Listen, I'll call back when I find out, but maybe head down to the dungeon and slap some angel wards up. If we bring him in, I want him controlled."

"You got it, and thanks Oz. We really appreciate it." Jeff hung up with those words and moved quietly down towards the dungeon intent on prepping it for whoever or whatever they might have to cage in there.

"So, wait a second, you want me to leave the bunker now?" Lizzie was baffled as Jeff and Kerry walked into the kitchen sitting down for the dinner she had made.

"It's not that we want you to, it's just that with an asset like this we can't take any chances. You're in heat still and it's male, and we need full concentration while we question him." Jeff tried to sound convincing although Lizzie knew something was off.

"Besides, you aren't leaving alone. You and I will head to Oz's for tonight and then come back late tomorrow probably. It's just a precaution." Kerry chimed in, thinking he was more convincing.

"Fine. Just be careful Jeff, I don't want you getting hurt." She leaned over and gave him a quick kiss. Jeff almost cracked right there telling her everything. He wanted so badly to clue Lizzie in so she could know that this angel who was supposedly protecting her had been behind all of this. But, he couldn't, not until they had the full picture.

Lizzie and Kerry made the trip to Oz's house even as Oz was on his way to the bunker. It was refreshing for them both to be out of the stuffiness, and it was nice to have a chance to be alone with Kerry. Things had been so tense at the bunker since she had been with Tom and none of them had even touched each other. Now, at least, Kerry seemed to be in a good frame of mind.

When they arrived a few hours later, Lizzie was comforted to see Oz's house again. The familiar façade brought back memories of being saved by him. It was comforting in a way that she had not expected. Of course, she hadn't seen the upstairs with its nice bedrooms, some with bunk beds and some with huge king size mattresses just waiting to be enjoyed. She marveled at just how the outside run down appearance belied the interior.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 25-02-2019, 03:25 PM