Fantasy Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty
Dark Division - The Capsa - Ch. 05

Ch. 5

The last day started out like normal, with a faint knock signaling her to get dressed before she called out the okay for Jeff to come in with breakfast. He smiled as normal before sitting a small tray in front of her and then taking his leave. If there was one thing about Jeff that was clear it was that he kept his word.

Lizzie had told Kerry and Jeff the day before that she wouldn't be joining them for sparring or shooting. Today was set aside for her to make them a large dinner. She had them buy extra ingredients the weekend before when they went shopping just for this meal. Lizzie was intending to make lasagna and garlic bread complete with an apple and cherry pie for dessert. It was her way of thanking the two of them for what they had done. The remainder of her day was intended to finish up the two books she had been perusing from their shelves that talked a little about her becoming.

It was in those books only a few hours later that she discovered the answer to one question that had stuck with her for her entire life.

"Kerry, check this out. I think I'm translating this correctly from the Latin, and if I'm right this says that a Capsa is the product of a demon and an angel joining. It says it's very rare, and most do not live beyond birth." She lit up and handed the book to the man across the table. Lizzie had always wondered why the angels told her that she would never know about her parents. If this was true, then it was pretty obvious why.

Kerry looked over the volume intently, and a few minutes after picked his head up and looked into the hopeful eyes of Lizzie. She seemed to have found out her origin, and her hopefulness meant that was something she must have searched for a long time before.

"I get the same translation. Wow, so you are....well technically...not human." He said it and then studied her face for a reaction. They clearly knew that she was different, but breaking news like this could not be easy for her.

"Who's not human?" Jeff wandered in with a gun case in hand. It looked to be a few hundred years old from the wear pattern. He had been going through a shipment that was brought in the week before, and loving every minute of it. The details of where it came from were withheld from Lizzie, so she just had to admire each item as Jeff cleaned them on the library table before carefully cataloguing each.

"I guess I'm not." Lizzie sat down with the book, cursing the fact that the entry ended shortly after the discussion of how most Capsa died after birth.

"She found a little information in one of our books, and it seems to say that Lizzie is the daughter of an angel and a demon. Also, that she's pretty rare." Kerry smiled at Jeff hoping his sometimes slow counterpart wouldn't say something too offensive right now.

"Well, you know demons and angels are both usually in human bodies and a lot of them used to be humans, so you sort of still are human. I mean I'm guessing the anatomy is still the same." Jeff said it and smiled. Kerry sighed and rolled his eyes. How could he say something somewhat supportive and follow it with an idiot statement.

"Really Jeff? Since when do you care about my anatomy?" Lizzie shook her head and then raised her hand as his mouth opened once more. "Wait, don't answer that. Anyways, I think that makes sense. I mean the angels told me that I would never know and now I get why. I wonder if I can find out who my parents are though. Wow, this is crazy."

"You should tell Tom what you found. Maybe he can find out more if he starts digging. Oz might even be able to find stuff in his archives. There's usually some sort of cosmic signal when special births happen so we can just look around your birthdate, too." Kerry was immediately on his computer.

"Awesome. Oh crap, I have to go start food. Do you want to snack or something because dinner won't be ready until 6?" She bolted up with a smile on her face as she put the book back onto a shelf a few rows back.

"I'll make some sandwiches for a quick lunch." Jeff was up and joined her in the kitchen.

Lizzie spent the next few hours prepping and preparing dinner. She happily sang in the kitchen. Her time here had been amazing, and she learned so much. Plus, as the afternoon progressed, her heat slowly receded. It was so nice to feel normal again, even if it meant leaving her new found friends. She had known it was temporary, but still thought the day wouldn't come somehow.

By 6, everyone was gathered around the table and marveling at the small feast she had prepared. Lizzie was quite proud of herself and accepted all the nice compliments the guys threw at her. It was relaxing to just enjoy them, especially since her sensitivity to their smell had gone and now she could take in the food in front of them.

After dinner, the two guys sat to watch TV, and Lizzie made her way to her room to start packing. She intended to leave fairly early in the morning. Tomas had checked in a few days before and agreed to pick her up whenever she called and take her home. Now, it was just a matter of gathering her things. As she packed her large duffle back, a soft knock came at her door.

"Come in, it's open."

"Lizzie, are you packing up to go?" Jeff seemed bewildered as he watched her after coming in and shutting the door behind him.

"Yeah, I'm not leaving until morning, but I figured I should get everything ready before I crashed out." She smiled at him as he stood taking in her movements. Lizzie was definitely going to miss having roommates that checked in on her.

"Oh, why are you heading out now?"

"I'm not in heat anymore as of a few hours ago from what I can tell, thank God. I am heading back to my place, but if you don't mind, I might come back to the bunker next time. I like how safe it is and besides you guys managed to be gentleman for the most part." Lizzie smiled as she finished putting things into her bag.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - The Capsa by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 16-02-2019, 01:57 PM