Adultery Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 ( Completed )
Chapter 37

A week later, Das hosted a house party. Neerja was adamant to invite me and Meera for the party. Das thought it would be a tough job for me because I needed to act as her husband in front of a small crowd but he promised there wouldn't be many who’d recognize both me and Meera.

I was really happy inside. I said "I’ve done everything, so why not this?"
"Thanks a lot, buddy. A friend like you is a real fortune."

Oh really? Then what about my wife? Is she a treasure?
I didn’t ask.

"You tell me the time and get Meera agree with this. We'll arrive at the party scene as a couple. But you promise me you won’t attempt any type of discussion with her."
He laughed as I said.

He later confirmed Meera’s consent.

It was Saturday night. I drove in to Lavanya apartments and rang up Meera. She walked out in a flawless frock. I began to open the front door but she opened the rear door quickly.
"Come to the front seat, madam. I am your husband again, for tonight."
I said sarcastically. She realized her mistake and sat in the front seat.
"Sorry I didn’t think much about it, she said."
I smiled.
"You look gorgeous, by the way."
I said.
She stared at me for a few seconds and then smiled. I felt a familiar feeling toward her surging inside me. Fondness.
"Do you still remember me, at lease when you’re alone, Meera."
I asked.
"How can I forget you . You are always around." She replied.
I didn’t really get if she meant it in good or bad sense.
"I am around you, because my life isn’t letting myself move on."
"You know what; you should also see someone else…"
"Someone else?"
"I mean a woman."
"Are you serious? I don’t…"
"Can I suggest you one?"
"What?"
"Can I suggest a woman for you?"
"You can suggest. But I don’t think…"
"Her name is Meghna. She works with me. She’s beautiful and… and I like her. I think she'll like you."
"But I’m not ready for any Meghna.."
"Come on you should get over me."
I didn’t reply. I wasn’t sure whether I should say I can’t or I need more time. I was indecisive as usual.
"I think you too will like her."
"Why?"
"I just know. Trust me."

That was true; she knew my likes more than I do.

At the party Das and Neerja gave us warm welcome. There was none whom I could recognize other than the hosts, so I secretly assured Mr. Das that our secret game is working.
"You should make sure she reach home safely, buddy."
Das said. I felt good that he cared for her.

An hour or something later, Meera walked up to me.
"I want you meet someone, Krish."
"Who?"
"Meghna.."
"She’s here?"
"She knows who you are. We are divorced couple. So don’t fuck it up."
I couldn’t really understand why she was so pressing for a new relationship. Does she want to see me hitched, so that she can move closer to Das?

How closer can she get? He is already married. I didn’t know if they had any future. He would fuck her for a few months, or a year or two, and then they’ll move on. Maybe that could be what she wanted. I kept thinking all this nonsense, until I heard a soft voice.
"Hi Krish.."
I turned slowly, and I saw a young woman. A beautiful woman.
"Meghna?"
"Yes."
She nodded with a smile. She looked beautiful in her floral top and jeans though I wouldn’t dare to compare her to Meera. I never could. Meghna was slim and had a simple look with basic make up. Her smile revealed her perfect white teeth which was, I thought, her best assets. I liked her instantly, though it didn’t make me attracted to her like Meera might have expected.

I immediately shook hands with Meghna. "How are you?"
I asked and gave Meera a suspicious look. "What are you guys planning to do with me?"
Meghna’s eyes dilated in surprise.
"I thought you’ll like me."
"Excuse me?"
"Never mind. You know, she said you’re single again, like me, so I thought...I mean you know she always speak so good of you, I wanted to meet you for long."
"That’s great. Here we meet now. But…"
Meera interrupted me at this point.
"Ok guys, you guys should move to some corner there. You can share anything about me, I’ll be around, see you."
She soon vanished into the crowd.

Meghna and I walked to a corner of the garden. She smiled at someone while walking.

"I guess Meera have told you a lot about me."
I said.
"Tell me about you."

I grabbed a couple of drinks on the way to the farthest table we were heading to. We sat facing each other and I placed the glasses carefully between us.

"Is it our first date?"
She asked.

Is it a test by Meera?
I wondered.
Meghna was unbelievably a cute date.

I smiled staring into her eyes.
"You look really beautiful. Meera never told me she had such a cute friend."
"Meera never told me you're so flattering."
"I am not. I am just being honest."

She bit her lips and raised her glass. We touched it slowly each other and then took a sip before keeping it bank on the table.

"Tell me more about you."
I said.

She was just like me. She was a divorcee. Well, she was officially divorced in a court. She had a love marriage that was far short of what she had expected. Whatever she had thought of her lover had turned false when he became her husband.

"I still wonder how people can hide so much from your partner when you’re in a romantic relationship. Everything seems so perfect. And wonderful. And after marriage, everything changes. Everything starts anew. You realize you never knew this person in reality."

Meghna had married Rajesh against the advices of her parents and friends. Now she realize how important is to listen to the people who love you, who have already proven their love for you for so long.

"I felt like I will never fall in love again. I cannot make wise decisions on a man."
She said.
"Is that why you are going to let Meera decide?"
"She’s a good friend. She helps me always, though I am just a newcomer in her office."
"What did she tell you about our marriage?"
"She said it was the most wonderful thing happened to her."

It pleased me, but I said nothing. I was expecting more from her. She waited for me to say anything, then resumed..

"And she said she had nightstand with a man and that lead to your separation.."
Her voice was lower.

"And didn’t she tell you I too had a nightstand with that man’s wife?"
I found myself talking with an undertone of disgust. She noticed it.
"But that man’s dead and that woman’s gone forever. You can put it to the rest."
"If we could do that, we could get back right?"
"But she’s… she’s in a relationship with…"

She paused and looked around as if anyone’s listening.

We were going deeper.
I wasn’t sure it was a date.

"Krish, Meera thinks we are both sides of a same coin. Struggling with our past from which we must move on; for our own betterment. We just need to spend time with each other so we can see we are not alone. This isn’t a date."
"Yeah I knew."
I said harshly.

She finished her glass and glanced at a waiter; the man walked in with a tray and replaced her glass. She immediately took a sip.

"Don’t worry I am alcoholic only in parties."
She said.
She was very simple. I felt.

"Why should I worry about that? I am just like you."
"Meera told me you respect her a lot. Something that Rajesh fared far behind."
"You seem to have a long list of my qualities."
"Of course, that’s why I am sitting here. I actually underestimated you; I didn’t expect you speak on my face about the issue with that woman. I thought you would try to hide it conveniently."
"I couldn’t hide anything from you, I guess. You have already earned that."
Her eyes shined.
"So we’ll be seeing more of each other."
"That I’m not sure."
"I don’t know, I feel a lot better now, I finally found someone I can relate myself."
"There could be more possible candidates, I guess, I don’t think men can resist your charm."
"None of them were good; every single one wanted to a have a fling. Most of them wanted it behind the back of their wives, lovers and all."
"Like Meera is in right now?"
"Exactly. That’s the only thing I’m not in good terms with her. She should dump that guy. But this is life. We can’t expect that much fair."

The woman was a revelation. Meera had found a perfect suit for me. The more I talked to her, the more I found things I could relate myself. We had a walk around the garden then.

I spotted Meera in a close conversation with a man. From that distance he looked more like Mr. Shekhar. Same age, same shape, except that this man was bald. He was telling her something and she was listening with smile. Meghna held my hand and turned men to her.
"Leave her."
"I am sorry. I didn’t mean to insult you."
I apologized.
"Hey, I didn’t mean that. You can look at her, I'm a nobody for now. Also she told me you guys are more like friends right now."

Friends? When did we become friends? I wondered.

Meghna pulled me further from there.
"Let’s move away from this crowd."

I wanted to look at Meera once again, but I followed Meghna and we had drinks again. We were now past our past. We shared jokes and had fun, laughing around.

"So when are you asking me out for a coffee or something?"
She asked later.
"It's really embarrassing that I couldn't save you asking that..."
I made a face at her.

"I was expecting something would fall from you, but you are not even coming close…"
"Am I that bad?"
"You're still not asking."
She said and we both stared into each other’s eyes before sharing a good laugh.

"How about seeing tomorrow, let’s start with a coffee.."
I suggested.
She agreed.

We exchanged numbers and took selfies with each other. She had her hand around me and rubbed her cheeks with mine when she clicked hers. Right after that she looked right into my eyes.

"Now this looks more like a date."

I felt her breath on my face. Her lips were open, inches away from mine. In a moment, I forgot where we were and kissed her. It was warm and sweet. It lasted a second only and I came back to reality. We let go off each other completely.

"Oh I am sorry.."
I said.
"I am sorry too,"
She panted and looked around. Luckily nobody was watching.
"Please don’t tell Meera. It’s our first date only."
She said
"Mmm... I'll think about it."
I said roughly.
"Haahaa..I know what you'll think about it..."
She pinched my hand.
I laughed.

She left soon. I and Meera said goodnight to Mr. Das and family right after that.

horseride  Cheeta    
[+] 2 users Like sarit11's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knowing My Wife, Knowing Me As Well - Part II by Krish_999 - by sarit11 - 24-11-2018, 07:12 PM