Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
The rest of my luggage was around the corner, his luggage was nowhere in sight.

I pointed to my bags and said---“There are two of my bags. I will get them.”

He laughed at me---“Take care of your son; I will get them for you.” He joked at me “Probably the airlines have forgotten my luggage at Mumbai.”

He picked up my luggage and put them on the trolley. I waited for his luggage to arrive.

I laughed on his words and asked---“You also went somewhere?”

---“Yes, Kuala Lumpur. Office tour.”

I nodded my head “I knew that, dear. I ran towards the aerobridge that day to find out where you went. However, I was unable to catch you that day.”

#

He looked at me, scratched his scalp, and hesitated a bit. I looked at him with sheer anticipation dripping from my face “Yes, what do you want to ask. Ask me.” I observed that his lips trembled. My sight was fixated on his lips, all the world around me vanished, all the senses lost. My heart was thumping and beating “Yes, yes, yes ask.”

---“If you don’t mind..” “Why should I mind when I gave my everything to you?” “Stay at my place tonight?”

I closed my eyes, my world went blank, my breathe stopped I only felt my son’s chubby cheeks rubbing on mine. I took a deep breath, opened my eyes, and looked at Abhi’s cute face. He was looking at me with a gaze that he had done a crime for asking that question to me.

My brows came together and I slowly stepped near him, pulled up my face my lips quivered. His eyes were fixated on my lips; I forgot that my son was on my lap. I was breathing hard.

Suddenly he broke my trance and shook his head---“Ok, I am sorry.”

I screamed out my heart “No I want to go with you.” He gave a painful look at my face and he picked up his bag from the conveyer belt.

#

He turned towards me and said---“I can drop you at your hotel, if you allow me.”

“I want to be with you. But what will your family, feel about? You must be married by now.” All those sort of flurry was disturbing me like fire from the hell.

A solitary drop of tear rolled down my cheek, my son wiped that tear and I regained my senses. I told to myself “Paree, you are a mother now. You should not forget that, Suchismita.” My heart and soul was being ripped by tug-of-war, caught between a mother and an eve. “Yes, I am a mother, but he should know my truth. He vented on Maithili; his can’t keep his eyes closed and stay away.” “What are you going to do, Paree?” “I am going to ask him, why he did not call Maithili after that.” “May be he is married, so he did not want any life to get damaged.” “What if not?” “What if yes?” “He is not even asking how his mother and father are, why?” “He is disgusted on them. They burnt both of your lives.” “They repent, they lament every day.” “But the life is lost, isn’t it. No one can return those ten years of life that you both lost.”

#

The turbulence was cut short by a sweet kiss of my son. I regained my senses and smiled at him---“Tired, want to eat something?”

He shook his head---“No, teddy bear is hungry.”

He laughed at Abhi “Your teddy bear is hungry and naughty fellow is not?” He looked at me and asked, “Shall we walk out? I can drop you. Your hotel is on my way.”

He phoned someone---“Bring the car, we are coming out.”

#

He took Abhi from my lap and kept him on the trolley. Abhi giggled at him “Car.. jooooo….” He laughed at him “Yes, dear, a car. You have a car?” He nodded his head “A red car.” He gave a queer mischievous look at him “I have stolen your car. My car is also red.” Abhi laughed out him and pointed to his bag over which he was sitting “Car there.” We both could not stop laughing at my fawns face.

He turned towards me and asked the query that made me pinned to the shiny floor of the terminal. ---“How is your life going? You have changed a lot.”

#

I clutched the handle of the trolley and stood there all of a sudden. He passed by and then turned back to find me standing like a stone effigy. He constricted his brows and looked at me. “How could I tell you, how am I? I am living in a solitary world where I have my son only. I have no home, I have no one to love me, and I have no one to take care of me. I sleep alone in the bed. I am a corpse, Abhi.”

He apprehended my feelings the other way round, came near me and apologized---“I am sorry to ask you that question. I did not mean to hurt you.”

#

“I am bleeding inside” I lost my voice; instead I said, “Can we go to your house, please? I am tired.” “Uh! What did I say? No! Did I just ask him to take me home? Oh god, what will his wife thinks. No.” Nevertheless, by then the arrow already left the bow and stroke eye of the fish.

He smiled at my bewildered face---“Ok, let’s go then.” We were already outside the tarmac and he pointed out to a red car waiting outside at the parking lot “Ah there is my car.”

#

I kept on telling myself repeatedly “Please don’t give that look at me, Abhi. I feel weak whenever you give me that look. Your eyes pierce my soul. Remember the evening in the courtyard, you were about to touch my hand and you gave me that look.”

#

I took out my phone to cancel my stay in the hotel. His driver opened the boot space to keep our baggages. He opened the rear door and ushered me in. He climbed in the front seat along with my son. Probably he was feeling awkward to sit beside someone else wife. “God, please give me some courage to tell me what all happened to me.”

#

The car started out. I looked at them both of my precious, the apple of my eyes and my red heart, seated in the front sit and playing with each other’s finger.

I heard them say “High five.” I heard sweet giggle of Abhi as he slapped his little palm on his hand “High five.” I sat silently looking at them peacefully with my tearful eyes. I was unable to control my happiness and same time I was having some unknown pain creeping inside me “What will his family think when they will find me. Has he divulged to them that he loved me once and I have returned to his life like a storm?”

#
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 12-02-2020, 02:09 PM