Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Three days after we arrived at Bordeaux, we were having dinner at a restaurant near to our hotel.

Dr. Sarkar asked me---“What happened to you?”

---“I am not feeling well, Sir.”

---“Do you want to continue your research here or not?”

I was in dilemma as what I want actually, my life or my career. I gave a blank look at his face and said---“I don’t want to stay here, Sir. I want to go back to Kolkata.”

He was very much surprised to hear that I was rejecting the offer of continuing my studies in such a prestigious institution.

---“I want to live with my son. I want to lead a simple life.”

I looked at Abhi, who was munching the cheese from Lasagna.

He gave a bewildered look at me and asked me---“Are you insane Suchismita? Do you know that there are thousands of students, worldwide who are waiting to get an opportunity, to study in this institution? You are rejecting the offer that came knocking at your door?”

I gave him a painful smile---“Sir, they are not single mother.”

He nodded his head in dismay---“No, no, don’t tell that. My own daughter is in States.”

---“All the fingers of your hand are not of same length, Sir. She might be more courageous than I. I just wanted to do a job to support my life and my child. I never wanted to be a careerist woman in my life.”

---“You are sure that you want to return?”

I was certain at that point of time. I did not want to be a careerist woman. I gave a gentle look at my son and said---“Sir, to stay in his future I have to walk beside him in his present. If he does not get his mother by his side during his childhood days then he will curse me in future.”

That what happened between my Love and ChotoMa. Abhi never got his mother beside him when he wanted her most and there was no such bonding between them. If there had been so much of binding then, Abhimanyu would have contacted ChotoMa, which he never did. I was sure that he wanted to set himself free from that ivory cage as I was caged once. I do not want my son to live in a cage; I wanted him to breathe fresh air always.

Dr. Sarkar then said to me---“Eventually you had to go back for a week, so if you don’t mind can you do me a favour?”

I asked---“What Sir?”

---“I am planning to goto to Massachusetts to meet my daughter form here. If you do not mind, the can you return via New Delhi and deliver a letter to one of my colleague. He will meet you at New Delhi airport.”

---“But sir, my return is already booked via Mumbai.”

---“You return to Mumbai then change the route via New Delhi. I will bear all the cost of your stay and air ticket.”

“Oh! No not again, I don’t want to visit that place again.” However, all of a sudden I thought “If HE pleases” and I closed my eyes and prayed to HIM “Please, I want to meet him.” I was skeptical that I would find him again.

---“Ok Sir.”

I felt a rush of fresh air blew inside me by the mere thought that I was going back to my place and that also via New Delhi. Although I did not expect that, I would meet him again. That would be once in a blue moon chance to meet him again at the same place.

In the night, while Abhi, slept on the bed. I sat with all those torn pages, kissed all those pages repeatedly and kept those again in the diary. I started to pack my belongings scattered all over the room.

On penultimate day, I went for shopping at rue Saint Catherine. I bought four Tiveton perfumes for my two sister-in-laws and two best friends, Kalyani and Teesta. I bought six shirts, three each for my brothers and one for Dushtu, and each for Debu and Dipankar. I bought lots of dresses for my cub. There was nothing for ChotoMa, so I bought a clutch for her. I packed everything and prepared to bid goodbye to Bordeaux.

#
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 12-02-2020, 01:45 PM