Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
In the afternoon, I started to get ready for airport. I wore a blue jeans and a white shirt with blue pinstripes. I tied a scarf around my neck and looked myself in the mirror. I tied an omega wristwatch around my thin white wrist that Dr. Sarkar presented me few days ago as a memento. The diamond ring was still on my left ring finger. I wore the same gold chain that ChotoMa presented me. The old Paree was nowhere in the reflection. A very new Suchismita Mondal was smiling at me. I dressed Abhi in a brown pant and a red high neck vest. In one small bag, I packed his jacket and my blazer so that I could wear that before getting in the international flight.

#

I arrived with my luggage and my son at the airport few hours before the departure, as I would meet ChotoMa there.

I saw that Teesta and Debobroto were also there along with ChotoMa and Babu. I was surprised to find Maithili and SubrotoDa along with Titli to be present.

Abhi was very naughty so he ran and leapt on ChotoMa’s lap. She clasped him as if someone was tearing off her heart away. She showered him with lots of kisses and her eyes were flooding.

Teesta and Maithili were bewildered to find me in that dress.

They never saw me in jeans. I smiled at them and asked---“How do I look?”

Maithili smiled painfully at me---“You have still your antics up the sleeve in this time?”

I gave a sweet smile at her---“After a long time I found myself again.”

ChotoMa came near me and placed her palms on my head---“When do I see you next?”

I bent down to touch her feet to take her blessings---“I don’t know ChotoMa.”

---“Look after yourself and take care of my grandson.”

She handed me a tiffin box and said---“I have prepared some coconut balls for my grandson, please feed him.”

I could not look into her eyes, my heart ruptured while hearing those words.

I gently nodded my head---“Yes. You and Babu take care of yourself.”

Babu came to me and said---“ShonaMa…” the word I was dying to hear from his lips. I threw my arms around him and cried like a child.

He gently rubbed my head with his palm and said---“I am proud of you. Go live your life. If anytime you feel that there are two old persons waiting for you, then give a call. If you can, then forgive us.”

I was unable to say anything my tears soaked his shirt. ChotoMa also hugged me along with Abhi.

On seeing everyone crying, my son, Abhi also started crying. ChotoMa went weak in pain, she clasped him across her chest---“Be a good boy to your mother. She has seen lots of dark days in her life. Do not be naughty. Ok”

What he understood was a question but he gently nodded his head and kissed ChotoMa on her cheeks.

#

Somehow, I had to tear off Abhimanyu from ChotoMa’s lap as I was getting late for my flight. Several pairs of sniveled eyes were looking at us as we passed the security check at Kolkata Airport.

#

The flight took off at last. I pulled Abhi on my lap; he looked in my tearful eyes and wiped my cheeks. His touch made me go weaker and I pressed my lips on his forehead.

#

A final call ringed in my heart and soul “A girl, a naïve village girl who studied in a college in a small town, came to a big city, which she never dreamt of. She studied in an esteemed college, she never dreamt of. She lost herself and her love in oblivion, she never dreamt of. She pulled herself from the dungeon and worked in a prestigious physics institute of India, she never dreamt of. She was going to another esteemed international institution, she never dreamt of.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM