Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
That night after dinner, Papri was sleeping by my side. I opened the diary and the old smell of yellow pages made me nostalgic with those colourful dreams. I read his poems, his nonsense poems made me laugh again. Then I read about all those he wrote in his diary about our meet. I laughed when I read what he thought of me. How he looked at me on the first day. How he felt after kissing my forehead. I was reading and laughing at him. I felt that he was standing by my side, by my bed and looking at me. I was heartily enjoying all those lines when Maithili entered my room with my medicines. She looked at me and gave a naughty smile on seeing me reading the diary.

---“So again engrossed in old days.”

I nodded at her and smiled---“Yes, that naughty fellah wrote some nasty words about all of us.”

We both laughed at peak of our voice. She knew very well as what all was written about her in that diary. She was red-faced and looked deeply in my eyes.

I smiled at her red-face and nodded my head on remembering that incident---“You naughty girl. Can’t keep anything to yourself.”

She joked at me---“Please, don’t say those words. I feel really ashamed about what I did that evening.” She sat beside me---“He called me the same night he called Kalyani.”

I was very eager to know as what he spoke to her---“What did he say?”

She took a deep breath; her eyes glistened. I asked her as why she was looking so remorse.

She shook her head in dismay and pain. She took my hand in hers---“I am very sorry Paree.”

I could not understand a single word of her as why she was asking my forgiveness---“What happened? What did he say?”

---“He said only one sentence. Virtually he cursed me. I lost my words and I cried after that.”

I shrieked at her---“What did he say?”

“Churni, you must be the happiest person on this earth to find your words bear the fruit.” Both our eyes were soaked in tears. We kept looking at each other’s face for a long time. We both lost our words. “Paree, I never meant those words to be true. Paree, I do not know how those words became so much true. Please forgive me.”

I consoled her---“Leave those.”

---“I repent for my words”

---“I know.

#

“I tried to tell him that I was very sorry for those words but he disconnected the call before I could speak.” Maithili was in tears and so was I.

I let out a deep exhale from my chest. I felt a huge load to come off my chest all of sudden. May be because in my subconscious mind, he virtually cursed Maithili and probably that news poured some respite for my pains.

She sat beside me and joked---“So what did he wrote about me in that diary.”

I constricted my brows and gave a naughty smile, in spite of tears in both of our eyes---“Really you want to know?”

As if we both were enjoying those words.

She snatched the diary from my hand---“Oh! Sure. I want to know what that rascal wrote about me.”

I looked at her with veiled anger in my wet eyes---“He is not a rascal.”

---“Sorry, dear. I did not mean to hurt you.”

---“Oh! No he is really a rascal. He wrote several things about me also.”

She gave a naughty smile at me---“Ummmm… Then I must read.”

“NOOOO” I shrieked, my face was red hot with shame and coy.

She joked in the same tone with me---“Please, please…..”

It was after seven years, I was laughing like a young girl. I was breathing fresh air in my lungs again. I asked Maithili to bring Titli in my bed, then we could make enjoy of what all was written in that diary, for whole night. All his writings about rejuvenated us for the whole night, we both laughed, blushed and cursed both of us same time.

#

My days passed, reading the “Optics Notebook”, walking past the mango tree and nurturing my angel who was sleeping safely in my womb, waiting for the opportune time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 12-02-2020, 01:10 PM