Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
#

One evening, after school I as usual we, Pallavi and I were waiting for Niladri outside school.

She gave a helpless look at me and said in a choking voice to me---“I have to say something to you Suchi Madam.”

I flinched my brows and asked her---“What?”

She looked very sad and pain was dripping from her eyes---“My father knows your father-in-law very well. He told me that your father-in-law is a coal contractor and coal contractors are basically….”

I knew what would be her words, I fathomed the nature of my father-in-laws business long ago, but that would come between some ones love, I did not expect.

I clenched my jaws and looked up in the sky. Tried hard to find words as what to say. Niladri arrived and observed that Pallavi’s eyes were glistening and I was tensed.

When that news was broken to Niladri, he was broken and she cried. Niladri tried to console her to his level best. Niladri gave a help-less look at me.

I took a deep breath and said to them---“Go away. I will manage my in-laws. Leave Dhanbad.”

Pallavi shrieked, her eyes glistened---“I have one sister and one brother, Boudi. I can’t leave them.”

Niladri was bewildered upon hearing my answer---“But Boudi, what about you?”

I looked at Pallavi and said---“I know my in laws very well. What else do you plan to do? And I have seen much gore days in my life, I will accept whatever would happen to me.”

Niladri held my palms in his hand and tears rolled down his cheeks.

I smiled painfully at him---“Boys don’t cry, Niladri. You have to be strong enough to handle every situation.”

Pallavi threw her arms around me and hid her face on my shoulder.

I tried to console her---“I will face everything, don‘t cry. Everything will be ok.”

#

It was August, my thirty-first birthday. I did not expect anyone to bring any present for me. I returned from my school as usual along with Niladri. All the way, while returning, Niladri gave a naughty smile at me. I felt awkward by his glance and asked him as what has happened.

He whispered to me---“I have something special for you today.”

---“What?”

---“A surprise for my sweet, adorable, Boudi.”

Upon reaching our house, he took me to his room.

“Happy birthday, Boudi.” Then he handed a beautiful saree to me. I looked at him, shook my head, and smiled at him.

#

I found myself surrounded by high walls on three sides and a solitary window at one end. Through that window, I could behold a blue oasis in the middle of the scorching desert. He was Niladri.

#

Maithili was expecting her child on the first week of October. I planned to be there during her childbirth as she was very weak. Tension also prevailed at my native place. I sensed that some, storm might break out. I prepared myself for any storm. Every day, I used to pray to God “You have taken a lot from me, please spare my Maithili.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 07:30 PM