Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
It was April second week. 

It was the birthday of Himadri. I acted as if I had forgotten his birthday. He kept on knocking me, gesturing me somehow. I was laughing inside all the while on seeing his restlessness. He even called me during school hours. I acted very indifferent towards him as if I had totally forgotten his birthday. While returning from my school I went to Bank More to buy a Raymond suit-piece for him. I knew that it would cost me more than half of my salary, but it was my first present for my dear husband. I knew that he love to wear suits and he had only two blazers in his cupboard. I bought the best I could get, a cream coloured suit-piece for him.

I returned late after shopping. My mother-in-law asked me as why I was late. I told her the reason. She said to me that I should inform her where I was going.

Until the dinner was over, he was in a shock that I had not wished him. I already packed the suit in a gift-pack and kept that under the bed-cover as a pillow. When we retired to our room, he hugged me from back and rubbed his face on my nape. I feigned that I had headache and was laughing within. He was very much depressed and pulled the bed-cover to lie down. That is when he found the gift packet.

He almost screamed in bliss and scooped me in his arms. I flung my arms around his neck and rubbed my nose over his.

I cooed---“Happy Birthday Himu.”

#

The one thing I gradually noticed in that house that, Himadri and Niladri used to booze every evening. At least they showed some courtesy towards me. I was not asked to accompany them. At first, I was skeptical that, whenever alcohol runs in veins of males then they become more like beast. He used to booze a lot. Every night whenever he was inebriated state and wanted to touch me. I became furious and used to scold him a lot. However, all was ignored. I was in a real painful state.

One night, everything went out of hand, when he tried to maul me in that aberrant state.

I shouted at him---“No, don’t touch me.”

He staggered a bit and fumbled with me. My soul burnt in rage and slapped him hard on his face.

There was fire in his eyes and lewd look. He hissed at me---“Don’t dare to talk to me like that.”

I clenched my jaws and answered him in the same tone---“Why don’t you leave me alone? You want to sleep, ok. Leave me alone. I will sleep on the floor.”

I picked up the pillow, quilt, placed on the floor, and slept in the floor.

That was just the beginning of the fight. I felt that it was useless to talk to him about his booze.

My school days were going very well, but day by day, the routine was getting hectic for me. Every day early in the morning I had to get up, perform my daily puja. One thing that I did not want to miss during my lifetime. Then I had to prepare breakfast. Even if there were maids in the house but Himadri and his parents wanted me to cook. Therefore, I had to prepare breakfast and then prepare myself for the school. Yes, my mother-in-law helped me. However, that was something else. Rather than helping me, she used to point out mistakes.

#

One evening I was very much tired after my school, so I was taking rest in my room. Himadri had not yet returned from office.

My mother-in-law yelled from the drawing room---“Suchi, this is not a time to sleep. What about the dinner?”

I clenched my jaws and thought, “What a woman she was.” Somehow I spoke---“I am having headache.”

“You should have taken some medicines then.” She came inside my room and touched my forehead. “I don’t feel that you have any fever.”

“What, am I feigning my headache?” but it was my in-laws house so I had to keep my mouth shut. That day was the first day of my life; I understood that mother is always a mother. Whether it be ChotoMa or mother-in-law, no one can understand the pain of a daughter who does not have a daughter of his or her own. Somehow, I carried myself to the kitchen and started to cook. I heard the screeching sound of the car. Himadri had returned. I gathered up courage after I served him the tea in our room. He looked at my face; my eyes were red as my head was spinning even after taking disprin.

“What happened to you?” his voice was tensed and he touched my forehead.

My eyes glistened as I felt his soothing touch on my forehead. “It is only a headache.”

He staggered---“What? You have a headache and you are in the kitchen? Why can’t you take rest? Tomorrow you have school.”

I was in a huge dilemma whether I should tell Himadri about those or not. How would he react to my words? I was his wife and she was his mother. I stood there still, looking at the table. He looked at my face and placed his fingers under my chin.

He asked me---“What happened?”

I shook my head---“Nothing, happened.”

“Why are you lying?” He shouted “Ma, what happened to Suchi?”

I was taken aback by his sudden actions, my heart started to beat very, very loudly inside my chest.

I looked up and pressed his lips with my hand---“I told you, the headache was nothing. Then why are making a mountain out of mole-hill?”

He gently kissed my fingers and looked deeply in my eyes---“So, it was mom who insisted you to cook.”

I shook my head again to persuade him “No one forced me to cook.”

He did not believed me, I sensed that, huge storm was about to come in that house. I placed his hand on my head and asked him to promise---“Don’t tell a word to your mother.”

---“First of all you tell me as what all happened.”

---“First promise that whatever I would tell you are not going to say a single word to your mother.”

---“Ok. I do promise.”

I told him the details. He heard all those, very keenly and shook his head in dismay. After hearing all those, he let out a deep exhale from his chest and looked away from me.

I asked him---“I told you to keep away. I am ok.”

---“I am not concerned whether you are ok or my mother is ok. What concerns me is that, this is the start of something.”

---“What do you want me to do. Are you asking me to leave my job, just after two months?”

He looked at me and said---“No, I will not ask you to leave your job. You can carry on with that, but you have to handle everything as they suggest. You have to keep that in mind also.”

My chest gurgled and I stood still in the room. I looked at him with rage and glistening eyes and said in a very stern voice---“Himadri, you knew very, very well as what I wanted. I told you even before our marriage.”

So that was the fight that was about to take off. It was Niladri, who entered in search of something in the room and we had to press a brake in our conversation, which was turning to a bitter fight.

#
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 07:01 PM