Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
On the first day of his office, after our honeymoon. He was getting ready for his office. I was near the cupboard arranging his shirts and trousers. It was January and winter in Dhanbad was an extreme one. He wore a black pinstripe shirt over his pair of jeans. I was watching him with the corner of my eyes as he was glancing and giving me a sly smile all the time while buttoning his shirt.

After sometime, he came near me. I flinched my brows as I expected him to do some mischief with me. He pressed himself against my back and stretched out to take out something from the cabinet of the cupboard. The metallic nozzle froze me there. It was a pistol. I became stiff in fear. I was dumbfounded to see the weapon. Every pores of my skin rose. I shook in his arms. He deduced that I was caught by a sheer panic.

Slowly I turned towards him, engulfed within his embrace and looked at his face. He figured out from my pale face that I was very much agitated by seeing the weapon.

He spoke in a very calm voice as he tucked the weapon behind his back, in the belt of his jeans.

---“Suchi, don’t panic. This is what I wanted to tell you long ago but somehow I could not.”

My eyes were filled up with tears of angst. I yelled at him---“What is this Himu?”

He took my crying face between his palms and asked me to stop crying.

---“Please don’t look at me like that, Suchi. I will explain everything.”

---“What do you want to explain? It is like that I do not know you at all, Himu. Why you kept me in dark?”

He gently wiped my wet trails from my cheek and with a persuading voice---“Suchi, Suchi, Suchi. Try to understand……”

I yelled at him---“Understand what, Himu?”

He let out a deep breath out of his chest---“I am a manager of a coal mine. To work in a coal mine is dangerous. I am always surrounded by rough goons. I have to handle coal mafias and dangerous people every day.”

I clasped my arms around him very tightly. I could hear his heart thumping loud inside his chest. My tears soaked a part of his shirt.

He gently rubbed his hand on my head---“Come on, Suchi. Nothing is going to happen to me. For past seven years, this was my bodyguard. Niladri works with my dad. He carries one. My dad also carries one all the time. It is a part of my life now, Suchi.”

It was more of a pain than fear that filled up my soul “Where I have come?”

Slowly, I unwrapped my arms from his torso and walked away.

He touched my hand and pleaded to me---“Give a sweet smile before I leave for office. If my darling wife cries like this, then I will not be able to work, dear.”

I wiped my tears and smiled at him---“Promise that you return in one piece.”

He nodded his head---“Promise.”

He stopped for a little while before going out of the room, looked back at me. I stood still, clutching the chair and was praying for his safe return.

He threw a flying kiss at me and said---“I will take you out today for dinner after I return.”

His office was in Jhamadoba Colliery, which was about sixteen kilometers from Dhanbad.

#
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 05:11 PM