Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Chapter 4: Neoteric Vista

----------------------------

We started early morning from ChotoMa’s house. She was crying.

She hugged me on her bosom and whispered---“ShonaMa, be a good girl.” I was unable to control my tears also.

Himadri hugged me and gently ushered me in the car. He assured to ChotoMa that he would take care of her “daughter” like a pearl on a lotus leaf. I looked at the house. I looked at the window of the drawing room. Suddenly I felt that “Abhimanyu” was standing there. I smiled painfully and boarded the car.

We drove back to Dhanbad. It was a long drive of about seven hours. Niladri was driving and Himadri was beside me.

We reached the house. My new realm was waiting for me.

##

The house was in Hirapur, behind Durga Mandir. House was duplex. Not as large as my ChotoMa’s house. On the ground floor, there were two bedrooms, one kitchen and one huge drawing room. In one room, Niladri used to stay and one room was for us. There was a study in the ground floor, in which my father-in-law used to spend his time with his associates. He was a coal contractor. Due to that reason, our house was always filled up with lots of people. Mostly of which were rough and coarse in nature.

There was a worship-room in the first floor. I used to get up early in the morning, take bath, and finish my daily worship before entering the kitchen. That was my daily routine since my childhood days. Even when I was in Kolkata, not for a single day I missed my worship.

#

I came to know that my father-in-law and mother-in-law got married at a very early age. He was only twenty-three and she was just nineteen. Himadri was their first child.

#

ChotoMa and Babu paid for all the furniture for my room. It was bought without my consultation. It was bought my Himadri and Niladri. I came to know that Niladri opposed to buy those furniture. He suggested that since we have to live together so all those should be bought according to my choice. But later I came to know that it was my father-in-laws order that the furniture to be bought so that his daughter-in-law does not sleep in a simple cot on her first night.

One side of the wall of my room, there was a huge cupboard. I looked around my room and was contended.

#

A typical old mitigated mentality of my mother-in-law was unfurled gradually. Kitchen was her main domain. I was instructed that the males were to finish their dinner before she and I could sit for dinner. I cursed myself. Not in my native, place neither in my house in Kolkata, I was instructed with such dictation.

The day I first stepped into the kitchen, my mother-in-law explained me like a teacher. The cupboard had several small containers of the spices and cookeries all labeled. The sink was in one corner of the black marble top.

She said, pointed to five glasses (what was different in them I could not make out) and said to me---“Everyone in this house has their own glasses to drink. You should remember this.”

#
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 05:09 PM