Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
ChotoMa was there at the airport to greet us. I was surprised to see Niladri to be present to greet us. I ran towards ChotoMa and hugged her tightly. She kissed my head. I smiled at Niladri and exchanged courtesy pleasantries.

Himadri asked Niladri as how come he was there? He answered that my ChotoMa informed my in-laws about my ill-health so my father-in-law send him to take us back.

We all were in the drawing room after dinner. ChotoMa was asking about our trip. Himadri looked at the painting of “Death of Socrates” that Abhimanyu painted and that graced the wall of the drawing room. I looked at the painting and devoured the creativity for some time.

Himadri asked ChotoMa---“Abhimanyu did not attend our wedding?”

ChotoMa looked at me. I feigned that I had not heard as what they said. My gaze was still then locked on the painting.

ChotoMa answered---“He came two days ago. He left today morning citing some urgent work.”

Her answer made my ears burn as if someone has poured hot oil on it. I clenched my jaws and gave a fiery look at ChotoMa. My heart thumped loudly inside my chest as if it would burst out any moment. I closed my eyes while those lies poured in my ears.

She nodded her head and said---“Yes he came.”

Himadri looked at me and then at ChotoMa---“What type of person he is? He left without meeting us?”

---“He was asking about you. I told him that you have gone for your honeymoon. He was happy.”

He asked---“Suchi and Abhimanyu must be very close. Was his job that much important than her?”

ChotoMa looked at me and then answered to his query---“They were not so much close. He actually left home before she came here.”

Himadri nodded his head. What he understood I did not know---“But, he must have come in the last two years, right?”

I hissed out at ChotoMa---“Stop this. I am tired.” I looked at Himadri and asked him whether he want to rest or not.

I knew by my heart and soul that ChotoMa was telling lie, but I did not questioned her. I stood up and said that I wanted to rest.

I walked inside the bathroom and looked my face in the mirror. It was red. My nose tips flared and a painful gurgle brewed inside my chest. “Why I have to hear his name time and again. I want to forget him.” I splashed water on my face, but that was not enough to drench my stringent pain in my soul. I clenched my fist and thumped on my bosom, but the fire was not doused yet. I looked up again and straightened up myself. I said to myself “Enough Suchi. Stop thinking about him. You are now Mrs. Karmakar. Forget what you had and embrace what you have. He is your past and your future is with you. Love and live what you have got.”

I walked in my room. I looked at the bookshelf and my bed. Everything was graced for our arrival to welcome Mr. Himadri Karmakar and Mrs. Suchismita Karmakar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 04:08 PM