Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Last night in the cottage of our honeymoon. Himadri tossed me over and over again on the ridge of soft love and passionate embrace as we melted ourselves. I stitched my torn soul to mend it with what was at my disposal. I apprehended that I had to contended myself with the snowflakes that I had.

I rested my head on his broad chest and he was gently scratching my scalp.

He spoke in a low voice---“Suchi...”

I whispered---“Yes”

---“I have another request to make.”

---“Hmmmm…”

---“I don’t want to start a family early.”

I pulled up and rested on my elbow and looked at his face---“Why?”

---“We have married just now. I don’t want to start a family so early, Suchi.”

I asked him---“What if your parents coaxes us to start?”

---“I don’t have the answer but you have to cite some reason.”

I closed my eyes and lay down on the pillow---“I don’t know Himadri. I am too feeble to stand against anyone. If you can manage then make your parents apprehend if they coax for grandchild. Anything that will come in future I will not turn my face away from that.”

##

Just then the mobile rang. It was near Himadri so he answered.

---“No we haven’t slept yet. How come you are awake at this time?”

I turned towards him and asked as who has called. It was midnight. He handed me the phone, it was Maithili.

She asked me---“How are you doing, Dear?”

At first I was skeptical as I didn’t have the correct answer as how I was.

I looked at his face as he was looking at me and answered---“I am doing fine.”

I heard her giggle on the other end. I wrapped the gown around my torso and walked to the balcony.

---“Why have you called at this time?”

She answered---“Just like that, Paree. I only wanted to know as how you are doing.”

I pressed the phone with all my strength to my ear and stammered out---“I….. Am…… Doing …… Fine…. Churni…… Good Night………”

##

Return flight back to Kolkata. I was very quiet all along the journey. The unnatural silence was pinching hard on both of us. He probably understood something. I looked out the window. The blue sky and blue ocean beneath. One could not demarcate as where one has ended and the other started. Himadri touched my shoulder to bring me back.

He asked me---“Something wrong? Why are you so calm and quiet?”

I smiled at him as I felt a pain in my soul. The pain was, as if I was again being caged from one ivory chamber to another---“Nothing…”

---“I know what you are thinking.”

I constricted my brows and asked him---“What?”

He let out a deep breath---“Don’t worry about the job. I have already spoken to the Director of a school. They were searching for a Physics teacher. Indian School Of Learning. The school is situated in the ISM campus.”

I could not control my feelings, my eyes brewed and my lips quivered. I gave a grateful look at him. He took my face between his palms and with is thumbs, wiped the rolling tears from my cheeks.

He whispered---“I will persuade mom and dad.”

I felt like hugging him with all my strength but I restrained as we were in an airplane.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 03:26 PM