Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Next day morning, it was fourth day of our trip. I felt better. I was still in the bed. My sleep was broken by a soft jingle. I looked with my sleepy eyes. I found Himadri’s smiling face in front of me. He was sounding the cup of tea with the spoon and cooed in my ears---“Come on sleepy damsel. Time to get up.”

I pulled myself up and looked at my chest. The upper part of my night-dress was much below as where it should be. I pulled the bed-sheet till my chest and looked at him. He touched my forehead and felt my temperature.

---“No fever. So how are you feeling?”

I stretched my arms overhead. His lewd gaze on my bosom made me writhe in bed. With my squint eyes I scolded him softly---“Don’t look at your sleeping beauty, like that.”

He stooped forward and whispered---“Am I looking to some other’s wife darling?”

I pushed his face by his forehead---“I have to freshen myself up.”

“Hmmmm…. Surely. So where do you want to go today?” He asked me.

I glanced over my shoulder as I entered the restroom---“How come I know? You have brought me here.”

---“Cellular jail is the main attraction on Port Blair. After breakfast we are going there.”

I dressed up in a beautiful chiffon pink sari and sleeveless blouse as to comply his request. My bun was resting on my nape. He asked me to put some flowers in my bun, which I obeyed. I finished my gracing before the dressing table. He looked at me in the reflection and came behind me. Put his arms around my waist and pressed his lips on my shoulder.

---“Do we have to go to Cellular jail, darling?”

I tightened his embrace around me. I felt somewhat secured. I cooed in his ears---“We have the whole night at our disposal Himadri.”

He loosened his grip and said---“Ok.”

##

We entered the premises of the famous “Cellular jail” of Port Blair. Without visiting this place, the Andaman trip would have been incomplete, I felt. There were only three blocks each of three stories of cells present. The guide explained us that, all other blocks were destroyed due to natural calamities. During the British rule, our Indian freedom fighters were locked up in these cells. Those cells were small and dingy with only a small window at the top. The guide took us to the cell where Savarkar was jailed. The gate was three fold.

I looked at Himadri and asked---“How he fled from this cell?”

Himadri looked at me and joked---“Push me by the cliff, I will goto him and ask.”

I started to beat him---“Don’t ever joke at me like that.”

We observed that there were few inmates also present. I asked the guide as why there were inmates in the jail, if it was closed one.

He explained that, those were castaway fishermen from Burma.

The guide then showed us the museum where the whips and other torture tools were in displayed. There was a clay statue of a man chained on a nailed wooden block. I looked at his painful face and then looked at Himadri.

He looked at me and understood that I was unable to stand those sightings. He hugged me closely we came out.

By the evening we were in our cottage. I changed myself to a simple salwar and walked alone on the sandy beach. I looked over my shoulder, Himadri was reclining in the chair on the balcony sipping his favourite drink.

I came back after an hour.

He said to me---“Your ChotoMa called.”

I shrugged my shoulder---“What’s new.” And I walked inside the cottage.

---“Not that. She was concerned about your health and she asked us to return.”

I was astonished and angry---“WHAT? She has asked us to return?”

---“Yes. What is your opinion, Suchi?”

I looked at his face and came near him---“What do you want to do?”

He handed me the phone and asked me to call ChotoMa.

I asked him again as what he wanted. He answered---“I don’t want to offend your ChotoMa. Since you are not pulling well so I think it will be better that we return tomorrow.”

I called up ChotoMa---“How are you and Babu?”

---“We are fine. But I heard that you had fever?”

---“Yeah, just like that. All new places and sea water.”

She sounded cold---“ShonaMa, don’t lie at least. Himadri told me that it was due to the crab. You had rashes. I am concerned about you. Come back.”

I shook my head---“ChotoMa, you are too much concerned.”

---“Yes. A little bit. Give the phone to Himadri.”

I handed him the phone. They talked for some time and then asked me to pack the bags.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 02:31 PM