Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
Before the dinner, he asked me---“What do you like for dinner? Seafood is ok for you?”

I gave a soft smile at him said---“I haven’t tasted sea-food. I am from village, you know that very well. I would like to have plain Indian food preferably Bengali ones are better.”

He didn’t wait for my sentence to finish, he picked up the phone and ordered for crab.

We sat on the balcony looking towards the sea.

He asked me---“I am really at my wits end that how can a beautiful lady be so calm and quiet.”

I smiled at him---“Why? What type of girl you liked?”

He joked---“I wanted a jovial lady in my life. Your eyes and your smile captured me.”

I laughed at him and said---“See I am laughing, now satisfied.”

He shook his head---“You are too much, Suchi.”

Again there was a silence between us.

“Suchi” he spoke up “I have a question?”

---“What?”

He took a deep breath---“Your ChotoMa has a son. He was not present at our wedding. Where is he?”

I closed my eyes and an impetuous chill ran through my frame.

I answered very calmly---“I don’t know.”

He was surprised by my answer---“You don’t know? How can that be? I asked your ChotoMa about Abhimanyu. They also didn’t give proper answer. Is he alright? I mean what happened to him?”

My chest trembled and a huge torrential wave brewed inside my heart. I clenched my jaws. In that low light probably he didn’t noticed my facial tension.

Somehow I restrained myself from breakdown and answered---“Last information I had, he was in New Delhi. I don’t know anything more than that.”

---“You two must be very close. What type of person he would be that he didn’t attend our wedding? I asked your younger sister-in-law, Maithili also. She also averted my query.”

Lighting flashed in my head “We are not very close. We are two bodies one soul. My heart used to pump in his chest and his still pumps in mine. You won’t understand. I don’t know where he is. My fate, his fate and the cruel world brought me on your lap.”

Instead I queried him---“Why are you asking me these? You could have asked ChotoMa.”

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 02:28 PM