Non-erotic Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed}
There was a knock on the door. Maithili opened the door and I was surprised to find my eldest brother standing there.

He came into the room and looked at me from head to toe. He gently placed his soothing palm on my head and blessed me---“I am a poor brother, who has nothing to give you. So I just brought something for you.”

He handed me a piece of paper. I looked at that paper and asked him what was that.

He told me---“I have no one in this world. I was waiting for the day you get married. I have sold my share of property and this is the fixed deposit paper of seven lakhs.”

I could not control myself anymore.

I cried out---“NO…. I can’t take this. What about you? What are you going to do?”

He took out a small velvet box from his pocket and opened that. A beautiful diamond ring was twinkling inside.

He said to me---“I have sold all the gold jewelries of your Boudi and brought this for you. I am leaving the house and will goto Haridwar or Hrishikesh.”

I shook my head repeatedly---“You can’t leave me like this. No, you can’t leave me like this. No.”

It was not tears that were pouring from my eyes, it was the blood of my heart that came out.

Maithili pressed my head on her lap as I saw my elder brother for the last time. He walked out of the room wiping his tears.

I hugged Maithili’s waist with all my strength and cried out looking at the door---“Please don’t leave me Dada.”

Maithili didn’t let anyone to enter the room after that. She let those tears flow, she was also crying along with me.

She said in a quivering voice---“Paree, time has come.”

I heard ChotoMa’s voice from the other end---“Are you ready? We are getting late, Paree. Groom will arrive anytime. Hurry up.”

Maithili answered---“Give us some moment.” She looked at my face and then she wiped my tears.

Maithili wiped her eyes and said to me---“Paree we have to go.”

##

I slowly stood up. Looked around the room. I touched my bookshelf “Goodbye”. I touched my bed “Goodbye”. I touched my table where I finished my M.Sc. “Goodbye”.

##
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dawn at Midnight By Pinuram - {Completed} - by usaiha2 - 11-02-2020, 01:52 PM